Comanche of the month, June 2011 --- JEEPDOGGYDOGB's 1991

Kicking it old school this month, with a clean representative of a clean Eliminator.

-----------JEEPDOGGYDOGB's 1991 COMANCHE ELIMINATOR 4X4------------

MODEL AND YEAR: 1991 Eliminator SWB 4X4

ENGINE & PERFORMANCE: Stock 4.0 liter with 190,000 miles, but still runs great with redline 10/30 oil.

DRIVETRAIN: Stock Dana 30, and the stock Dana 44 with an AlloyUsa Chromoly axle kit, 3.73 gear ratio with the NP231J with the HD Chevy chain and TeraLow 4:1 and Tera2Low kits installed. Teraflex SYE with custom drive shaft.

COOLING: Stock open system with the radiator replaced in February 2009.

ELECTRICAL & IGNITION: Stock

STEERING: Currie Currect lync HD system with the JKS adjustable track bar.

SUSPENSION: Rubicon Express 3.5 inch front springs mated with Hellcreek MT 3 inch rear springs.

INTERIOR: Stock high back bucket seats, full console with Tuffy insert, Pioneer DEH 7200 with HD radio, and USB , Infinity Kappa Speakers with Clarion SV303 Subwoofer. CIPA 36500 rear view mirror with auto dimming/compass, temperature and map lights.

BRAKES: Stock with 1996 XJ Master cylinder booster upgrade waiting for installation

LIGHTING: BIG Offroad head light harness, IPF headlight lenses with IPF Fat boy II bulbs.

WHEELS/TIRES: 15 inch Outlaw II rims with Cooper 31 inch Discoverer STT’s.

MISCELLANEOUS: Future Mods 99 intake with Ford injectors, Iceland Winch plate with T-Max EW-9000 winch.

Best MJ story: In 2008 when I was forced to install any fuel sender assembly I could get my hands on quick, I accepted at face value that I was purchasing an HO sending unit. Dropped the tank, installed it and my tank was half full. Drove it around for a week and didn’t notice that the fuel guage was moving towards full. One Saturday morning my wife and I had an important event we had to attend at the San Francisco Cow Palace. Stupid me, fires up the MJ looks at the fuel gauge needle at the “full” location and took off for our 30 mile trip. About half way there the MJ sputtered and just quit, unable to turn it over with the fuel needle on full we called a tow truck to tow us home. We were lucky enough to get a tow truck driver that loved MJ’s and asked me to fire it up, he told us your truck sounds like it is starving for fuel, he had a can of gas put in a few gallons and after 5 minutes of cranking she fired up. He concluded the fuel tank was empty!

I researched the symptoms on CC and found that the non-HO sender units had reverse polarity to HO units and recorded fuel levels backwards.

What owner loves best about CC: I love the fact that most of us are just here to share our love for this incredible truck! No judgments, no personal attacks just a lot of great information about MJ’s.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joe, let me be the first to congratulate you on the MJOTM pick.

Its never easy to pick the winners when we have so many members with outstanding rigs. You keep that thing looking so good, you make the moderators jobs a lot easier. All the small touches that only an MJ'er would notice. The white face gauges, the amber turns, the secure center console... I recently picked up the woodgrain bezel on a whim, but you have shown that with the right color combo, it looks sharp. Always willing to toss in some advice, or help for other members, a well deserved nod.

I hope that this makes your vacation that much sweeter.

Congrats again Joe!

Rob :cheers:

Super magunda Pare! You have done a great job on the Eliminator Joe, and I love the black. Something about a clean black truck that looks better than any other color. You are a credit to the forum and we're lucky to have you mate. :cheers:

Now, crawl under there and fix the load sensing valve arm, then open the hood and get that 99 intake on. :clapping:

Thanks everyone! I learned and took much advice from many on this forum before I upgraded or modified anything on this Comanche. Don I actually have all the material from your writeup to upgrade the load sensor, but unlike the 99 intake, and iceland winch plate :wall: where I am too chicken to attempt the mod on a weekend so I can still have my daily driver, I have no excuse for procrastinating on the load sensor mod :doh: Much thanks to Pete, Eagle, Don, Rob, Offroader461 as well as all the members here that have contributed so much in the way of help, selling me great parts, and exchanging knowledge to make that black MJ Eliminator a reality.

• kryptronic unpinned and featured this topic