just a thought: how did YOU find out bout CC

Oizarod115

Same as you guys, been yahoo searching every once in a while to see if a comanche forum has been made, forgot about searching for a few months, so decided to check again, and low and behold found this one. Thanks to all who were involved in making this board. jamminz.gif

I was looking at stuff to do to my comanche right after i got it and saw Pete's on CarDomain and e-mailed him about it. He told me about this, actually the yahoo group, then they created this one and i've been in and out as I switch between my comanche project and my mustang project.

I've been a member of the Yahoo site for over three years. I just kinda migrated here when it opened. I prefer the Phbb format to that disaster yahoo uses.

X2 for me, on everything said right there!

Jeff

Two years ago, I was here:

http://forums.vmag.com/jjmj0301

One hot summer day, I had set out to haul a load of garbage to the dump. I loaded up the bed and proceeded to open the door of my Eliminator when the putrid stench of urine engulfed the interior of my cab!

I had not driven it in about a month and also noticed a plethora of those little Pez Candy-shaped ebony pellets peppered about the dampened and mildued carpet. The culprit was a combination of mice and interior leakage. I was livid at those little rodent b@st@rds, but I also knew that the interior leakage was also a problem and needed to be dealt with accordingly.

After taking the trash to the dump (all windows rolled down), I ripped the entire interior out of the cab all the way down to the bare metal floorboard. I never logged onto the old forum again...

That same summer, I treated all od the rust and replaced the missing plug in the firewall hole where the mice were entering. A few rainy days passed and I noticed water puddling in both the front and rear floorboards, but I could not figure out where the leak/s originated for some time. Why the interior was stripped out of the cab, I eventually drilled a few extra drain-holes in the floor and coated the entire floorboard with line-a-bed paint. The lawn-coma began...

I recently awakened from my dream and decided replacing the cracked windshield was something I could accomplish. Suddenly, the source of my leak was solved! Once again, I find myself planning and scheming on how I will sculpt my MJ! Needless to state, I needed to get back in touch with the MJ crowd!

I logged onto my old dinosaur MJ messageboard and noticed that it had been defunct for over two years. Either all the Comanche owners had perished or the website had. It took me a while to find a decent MJ forum...even using Google.

But alas...the past is not changable. The important item is that I found my way back home! jamminz.gif

The Land of Comanches & Beer...

:cheers:

• 1 month later...

iI was trying to find as much information on Comanche's as I could when I seen my first one when I was cruising through a local junk yard. A lot of my friends were into Jeeps already, so naturally I was getting there too. I drove my gf dad's YJ for a bit and loved it, then met my good friend Alex, and his lifted XJ...so from there the Jeep obsession began. Combined witht he fact that I couldn't stop thinking about an MJ, and the other fact that I love offroading and wanted to build my own, I choose the MJ. I finally got one a little while ago, and can't wait to start my next build.

I cou ldn't find this website actually. I was searching every place I could find for information on MJ, and eventually gave up and was going to build a site of my own. That's when soeone on one of the other forums I was on linked me to this one, which he got off of NAXJA. After a lot of you guys helped me with a lot of my questions, I was hooked and can't stop posting, reading, and learning. Thanks to everyone!!!

I found out about CC on Jeep forum.. from Pete. I think there was about 15 ppl who visited the XJ board thatowned MJ's and we finally got our own section, then Pete started this one.

ME 2 !!!

All hail PETE!! Good job here man, I or one REALLY appreciate the info and LOVE the site!!!

CW

I don't remember exactly but I had discovered Jeepforum wasn't completely full of snobs and a**holes, and was posting over there. I've never been able to stand NAXJA or Pirate or any other boards so I was suprised to find myself posting and not totally pissed off in the first two days.

Somebody, somehow mentioned ComancheClub.com and I wound up over here and found out MJer's aren't just like another bunch of XJ d**ks. I don't know if it's because they're more rare or this board just attracts the right kind of people, but I've heard it mentioned before by other people and it's certainly been the case in my experience. I'm sold on the MJ crowd.

The real story was when I called up my local Jeep dealer asking about a throwout bearing for an MJ and they gave me the number of the only Jeep dealer in the country with the part in stock. I needed a measurement to make sure my kit had come in with the right piece, and wound up talking to some random Jeep dealer parts guy about it.

He was explaining what to do to bleed the clutch properly and mentioned he owns a few MJs and lo and behold Turns out he's on this board too. What are the chances?

• 4 months later...

Jeez I guess i'm still a newb around here :cry:

Found this place on NAXJA or JeepForum.com Haven't looked back at jeepforum - that place is horrible nowadays! ANd NAXJA I visit when there's nothing new here 8)

Comanches and Beer!! :cheers:

i think Pete PMed me on NAXJA... that was quite a while back and the content here basically sucked, so I'd maybe check it out once a month. a couple months back I noticed the content has improved a lot, so now I check almost daily.