Mistress Moneypit

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go with the Lebaron vents. I think they go pretty well with MJs/XJs. Take pics of how you mount them. I've got a couple of sets that I am trying to find a good way to mount. For some reason it seems most write ups don't really cover that very well. :hmm:

Willy

Just spin them all until the Lebaron vents are up front and the other vents are at the back with the "flared" bottom facing outward. :thumbsup:

Seriously though, I think the long skinny ones are a possibility, but for sure the Lebaron vents just seem to look the best. On your paint with the black stripes etc. it will look very natural. Not crazy about the other ones, what'd they come from?

While the jury is still out on the hood vents, I decided to make my doors easily removable. Something I've been wanting to do for a long time.

Unbolted the doors.

Driving with no door is crazy fun.

Then I took the lower ear off of the door side portion of the hinge, and hammered out the pin and dropped in a door hinge pin from the hardware store.

Then I put the doors back on.

What the finished product looks like.

So now my doors just lift right off when I want to ditch them. This modification took about 4 hour I'd say from start to finish. My doors closed and sealed fine. Now to build some drop in tube doors. :banana:

Hood Vents - I wouldnt do ANY of them. I think there are much better ways of solving issues with high coolant temps with fans and whatnot.

Before I run hood vents and cut holes in my hood I will remove my hood completely :chillin:

In my opinion that would look way more BA than hood vents :clapping:

• 2 weeks later...

Did some wheeling with the infamous "Battleground Boys" yesterday. Nothing real technical just FS roads up passed Sunset Falls. At the top by the lake there where still patches of snow that made for very sloppy muddy trails in spots.

Overall it was a good time. Now its time to go wash my truck.