Mistress Moneypit

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I opened up my hood today and noticed a crack in the radiator hose at the themostat. $7 to replace it. Hmmmmm, I have a better idea.

Soon after that...............................

Plans include open cooling swap with the Taurus fan. I should probably also upgrade the headlight harness while the engine bay is so open. But my plan is to be done with this by Wednesday. We'll see how it goes.

What are your winch plans? Most likely in front of the cross member?

Willy

That's where I'd like to put it. But as of right now the winch will be a garage ornament for a little while.

Did some wheeling with the infamous "Battleground Boys" yesterday. Nothing real technical just FS roads up passed Sunset Falls. At the top by the lake there where still patches of snow that made for very sloppy muddy trails in spots.

Overall it was a good time. Now its time to go wash my truck.

What mall was this at??? :dunno:

I've got the open coolant system in place except I haven't mocked up a overflow bottle yet. As far as the Taurus fan goes, I had some clearance issues so I moved the radiator 1" forward. I still have some more trimming to do on the fan shroud, as well as some mounting brackets. Then all the wiring. Plus I still have to figure out a serpentine belt.

I've got the open coolant system in place except I haven't mocked up a overflow bottle yet. As far as the Taurus fan goes, I had some clearance issues so I moved the radiator 1" forward. I still have some more trimming to do on the fan shroud, as well as some mounting brackets. Then all the wiring. Plus I still have to figure out a serpentine belt.

I just picked up one of those cheap overflow bottles at the parts store, mounted it where the old pressure bottle was, and routed a hose from the radiator to it.

What do you need to figure out with the belt? Are you changing the configuration of your pulleys?

Willy

What do you need to figure out with the belt? Are you changing the configuration of your pulleys?

Willy

I'm ditching the mechanical fan. So my new belt will be quite a bit shorter without that pulley.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I'll admit it, I'm a kitty.

I'm throwing my mechanical fan back on. I butchered the Taurus fan. How in the hell did anyone ever get that thing to fit. Maybe I'm just a dumdum. :doh:

But hey now I have open cooling!

jamminz.gifjamminz.gifjamminz.gifjamminz.gifjamminz.gifjamminz.gif your truck rocks. i wish i could afford lockers and axles. and lol all of our comanche are moneypits :USAflag: jamminz.gif i think you should go with a better Battery specially with all the lights and the winch. like a yellow top or red top ,OPTIMA Batteries. but other then that damn man you truck is pimp. what kind of speakers did you use for sub and side speakers. if you want to upgrade http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/ has the best prices for stereo stuff in the world.

I finally got up off my @$$ on put some hood vents in.

Anyone remember how I laid the all the vents on the hood and had a poll up? Well I didn't end up going with any of those ideas.

And a view from the drivers seat.

(Damn my phone takes good pictures.)

I'm real happy with the way they turned out. Open cooling and some super sexy hoodvents, I'm even cooler now. (I'm talking about me, not my motor temp.)

• 2 weeks later...
What are those vents from?

Willy

The vents are from the junkyard. They were on a rx-7, but it was obvious that wasn't their original home. I've been told Trans Am, but honestly I have no idea.

Anyway, I was so bored today that I just started walking around my Jeep looking for things to do. So I mounted my high-lift.

How did you attach it? Is it pretty quick to pull off? I've been contemplating some type of mount that is easy to remove the jack from and incorporates some type of lock.

Willy

Invest in there own mounts for the hilift. They work very well and have holes drilled for locks.

Here is where mine is. VERY handy!!

CW

How did you attach it? Is it pretty quick to pull off? I've been contemplating some type of mount that is easy to remove the jack from and incorporates some type of lock.

Willy

It is easy to remove, and I will be drilling a hole into one of the bolts so it can be locked.

• 1 month later...

I got an ipod from my brother-in-law today! For free!!

The point of the story is I have an ipod plug wired into the center console of my Jeep, and I didn't even have an ipod. (came with a deck I bought on craigslist.) Pics later.