Mistress Moneypit

I got a few things for my Jeep recently.

Buckets - Out of a 96 2dr

Center Console - U-pull-it score

Open Cooling Radiator - U-pull-it also, a swap for a date closer to summer

The last shot of my factory interior.

Some time later

Bench seat anyone? Free to any CC member.

I can't wait to be driving around in a real seat.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait to be driving around in a real seat.

The difference is AMAZING!

Make sure you hack off the mounting brackets from the bench before you pitch it so you can reuse them!

Going to put seat covers on the seats or just leave them gray? I didnt have too much of an issue with putting gray seats in my blue interior but I don't know how they would look in a black interior... :dunno:

That seat looks to be in good shape overall, there's bound to be a good buyer out there for it.

So, what kind of jams are on the "MJ Mix" CD? :D :popcorn:

Its a combo of death metal and miley cyrus. I'll burn you a copy!

That seat looks to be in good shape overall, there's bound to be a good buyer out there for it.

So, what kind of jams are on the "MJ Mix" CD? :D :popcorn:

Its a combo of death metal and miley cyrus. I'll burn you a copy!

:rotfl2: Cool, my 7yr old son will like the death metal and my 3yr old daughter will love the Miley. Perfect.

You're so well rounded!

I cleaned the carpet today. Then I took the brackets off the bench and the 96 xj buckets. Apples and oranges. So after comparing them for about 2 minutes I decided to quit, and go ponder how to make it work. (read: watch tv)

I cleaned the carpet today. Then I took the brackets off the bench and the 96 xj buckets. Apples and oranges. So after comparing them for about 2 minutes I decided to quit, and go ponder how to make it work. (read: watch tv)

its actually very simple to make them work...i did it with no problem..here's what i did..

I took the mounting brackets off the XJ buckets by drilling out the rivits so the XJ floor mounting brackets were gone...did the same thing with the floor brackets off my donor bench seat by also drilling out the rivits and then took the MJ floor brackets and using some small nuts and bolts just mounted the MJ floor brackets onto the XJ sliders in the same spot the old XJ brackets were and then put the sliders back onto the seats and bolted them in..SIMPLE and easy :cheers:

Got busy on the interior today.

Tore the carpet out and to my suprise, the floors are in damn near perfect shape. Not bad for an 87.

Now instead of trying to mount my seats like I was going to do, I got distracted by a shift knob I've had lying around for 2 years.

So I cut off the old threads.

Then Welded on a new stud.

The finished product.

I didnt have any black paint so I actually shot the shifter with duplicolor truck bed coating, I kind of like the way it looks.

I get to my seats later this week. Oh and my center console.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, the 95+ seats do not bolt in. So to solve this problem, I cut all the original studs off the floor, welded some angle to the floor for the front part of the 96 brackets and made new studs in the back as well as modifying one of the rear legs on each bracket. A big thanks to Eric and Ben(mulipurposemj) for all the help.

Ben "doin' work" to one of the seat brackets

Pass seat in, as well as the new center console. If you look toward the bottom you can see some of the new mounts for the drivers seat.

Both seats in. (by the way its not stains on the seats its just water.)

My help, Ben(mulipurposemj) is on the left and Eric on the right.

Now to unbolt everything and paint the seats and center console black, reinstall the carpet, I might bedline the floors first though, then the other interior panels, then put my new seats in and go cruzin for chicks or do some drive-by's or something cool like that.

Got busy on the interior today.

Tore the carpet out and to my suprise, the floors are in damn near perfect shape. Not bad for an 87.

:eek: That is a beautiful thing! Man that is a nice looking floor - oops, "it moved." ~ Seinfeld reference :cheers:

I took the seats back out today and cleaned and painted the floor in the spots we ground down. I bought some SEM paint products to paint the seats and center console black. Holy hell that stuff is expensive. But I was able to throw some of it on the console and the seats and seeing the results it was worth every penny. I now have a set of 96 black buckets. and the center console looks amazing. I'd say most people won't ever know that it was grey at one time. I'll post pics when I can but my woman jacked the cameras and ran to california. I'm hoping to get the interior put back together tomorrow and take her for a drive.

I'll take a few shots of them with my blackberry. Its just angle up front with some studs out back.

k seems pretty straight forward.

I was test-fitting my 95 seats and just didn't like how they sit angled with the floor...was gonna space them up a bit probably.

but then I got a lead on some older leather tan buckets in great shape...so gonna try those first.

the 95+ seats do sit a lot higher. but thats cool with my i'm not a tall guy anyway.

higher? what are you on?

they sit a good 2.5" lower than my buckets (I did build my bucket brackets with swivel bucket brackets though...)

here is a shot of my completed interior. and yes thats ben in the window.

I'm so happy with the way everything turned out, the color is perfect, the seats and console look great, and now i can drive in comfort and style while i'm mall crawlin'.

here is a shot of my completed interior. and yes thats ben in the window. I'm so happy with the way everything turned out, the color is perfect, the seats and console look great, and now i can drive in comfort and style while i'm mall crawlin'.

I'm glad that's Ben, because I thought I just saw Bigfoot!

Interior looks great, can't believe how well the seats and everything turned out. Is that Pacific Northwest morning fog or one of those crappy cell phone pics? :yes: