Mistress Moneypit

damn they look good , i realy like the added attaching points on the frame , iv been contemplating on how to do that but my longarm braces are in the way but ill finger it out one of thes days .

i do see that the guy welded the lower portion of the fender to the rail which was realy dumb and will make removal of the fender later a real pain but did he weld the body section right behind the fender there to the rail ? if not u might want to go back and have that taken care of because mud and water are gona flow right in and potentialy rust it out . o and did u bother to save ur old rockers cus if they were solid and rust free someone on here could probably use them.

and did u bother to have the guy weld the caps so they were air tight so u could use them as ur air tanks?

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

damn they look good , i realy like the added attaching points on the frame , iv been contemplating on how to do that but my longarm braces are in the way but ill finger it out one of thes days .

i do see that the guy welded the lower portion of the fender to the rail which was realy dumb and will make removal of the fender later a real pain but did he weld the body section right behind the fender there to the rail ? if not u might want to go back and have that taken care of because mud and water are gona flow right in and potentialy rust it out . o and did u bother to save ur old rockers cus if they were solid and rust free someone on here could probably use them.

and did u bother to have the guy weld the caps so they were air tight so u could use them as ur air tanks?

I had him weld the fender too, if I really need to remove the fender, I have an angle-grinder. Yes he did weld up the area behind that, and I will be using them as air tanks. As far as my old rockers go, I did not save them, it never crossed my mind.

Anyway, I got them painted before the rain. (If only I had a bigger garage)

I'm so happy with how they turned out. I can't wait to try them out. Plus now I can put a high-lift anywhere on my Jeep.

D-money, I must say, you're truck was nice from the beginning. But slowly and surely, I love every mod you've done on the truck, and quite honestly, you have one of the most bitchin MJs on here now. And part of that is because nothing you've done is half a$$, at least as I can tell. If and when you ever paint that thing...............killah! :thumbsup:

Very, very nice!! Its getting better all the time!!! I really like it.

If you didn't see in my post, you inspired me..

I was going to make it long, more like yours, but with out the center console I figured it might look funny. Seeing it installed, a couple inches longer wouldn't have hurt. But I still like it!! Thanks for the idea!!

CW

I just read the whole thread. This is my favorite built MJ on this board. Nice work. :thumbsup:

D-money, I must say, you're truck was nice from the beginning. But slowly and surely, I love every mod you've done on the truck, and quite honestly, you have one of the most bitchin MJs on here now. And part of that is because nothing you've done is half a$$, at least as I can tell. If and when you ever paint that thing...............killah! :thumbsup:

Thanks guys.

Nice! :thumbsup: So, what did ya pay?

He has been asker a couple of times and as yet no answer, so I doubt one is forthcoming.

Very nice truck. I hope mine turns out half as nice and half as tall. I'm gettin' too old to jump that high anymore.

Nice! :thumbsup: So, what did ya pay?

He has been asker a couple of times and as yet no answer, so I doubt one is forthcoming.

Very nice truck. I hope mine turns out half as nice and half as tall. I'm gettin' too old to jump that high anymore.

He told me how much in a PM, for whatever reason. I will say it was about $300 less than what i would have guessed. ;)

Darren,

From what I can see it looks like your new rockers are welded onto the side of the frame only and then to the body of the truck. Am I right or did they weld the tube steel through the frame to the inside of it as well?

I had an XJ that I did a similar thing to once...I like the look of them and how they are so tight to the bottom of the truck, however I can't bring myself to cut into my rocker panels. When I put mine on I think I'm going to make them detachable so I can take them off for easier clean-up, repainting and winter driving...

Truck is coming along nicely as usual, all the best,

-Brent

Darren,

It is nice to see the build up of your MJ.

I'm glad you liked the rocker panel installation. It turned out nicely. Now go test them out. :D

As he previously mentioned I run a metal fabrication shop in Oregon City. You can check out some of my work at http://www.swagoffroad.com/. The rockers are made out of 6"x2" 3/16" wall rectangular tubing. They are fully welded along the outside of the body as well as from the underside. The three frame supports are 1.5" square 3/16" wall tubing. These frame supports are welded to 1/8" 4"x6" plate that is welded to the frame. If you guys have any additional questions regarding the rocker installation shoot me a PM.

If you are interested in getting your XJ, or MJ rockers replaced let me know the cost for material and labor is $450 for MJ's and to $500 for XJ's.

Troy

I rotated my tires. Sorry, I forgot to take pics.

That would go in the "what did you do to your MJ today" meaningless thread. :smart:

I refuse to use that stupid thread. That's what this project section is for.

• 1 month later...

So during my ban from Comanche Club I went on the 4th annual NAXJA Turkey run at Tillimook State Forest. Ben (mulipurposemj) rode shotgun. I sheared a bolt on my trac-bar bracket and my bed mounted toolbox broke, but other than that no issues. I had a great time, and can't wait to go again. Enough talk, like me, I'm sure most of you are here for the pretty pictures anyway so here they are.