What would you sell your truck for?

chicofuentes0224

7500+

i've got at least that into it, plus memories and it's my first father/son project with my dad. so with my truck, you're buying memories too....although frankly i's a very nice truck (until some POS backed into the bedside last fall...)

none of you guys seem nuts for them prices...i mean, consider the fact that the buyer is buying a reconditioned vehicle which is as good as, or better than, new.

Well the $2,000 asking price (didnt pay that much though). $1,500 in engine work (with reciepts) $300 in front suspension work. Swapped factory leather steering wheel, turn signal wiper delay switch replaced. Pulled bench seat and put in buckets with factory brackets. Muffler and pipes. $ 5,000. Still not selling for that though.

Hmmm.... I have no interest in letting any of mine go, but as they sit, I'd probably let the 86 go for a grand, the 90 for 2 grand and the 88 for ten grand. No takers? Thought not. Guess I'll just have to hang on to them. :D

as far as selling its not a simple matter of HOW MUCH.. but to WHERE.

if i sold the truck it would have to be to somewhere FAR FAR FAR away where i would NEVER see it again so i don't burst into tears when i saw it folded up or blinged out.

as she sits, 3000 would take her and the AX15 parts i have waiting/t-case

after new clutch/tranny/t-case; it needs motor mounts, exhaust (from header-to-tailpipe) pull a few dents and i wouldn't let her leave my hands for less than 6k

(and i'd keep the really effin sweet comanche key fob i got with the truck)

I pretty sure if some one came up to me with 2.5k in cash they could have my truck without me fussing at all. Its pretty much what I got into it. I would definitely turn right around and buy another though. Another one thats 4wd and an auto.

I would not even consider selling it, but if I were to want to, I believe it would go for about $2500 in reality. If I were to take it further North I could probably get $3000 - $4000 out of it. I have about $3500 in it right now and by the end of the summer it will be over $5000 invested.

I think if ANY MJ were to sell for more than $5000, it would have to be nearly perfect original garage kept with less than 60K original on the odometer. They are great trucks and a lot of us have large amounts of money in to them along with memories, emotions and all that, but they are still only worth so much :cheers: .