New MJ to the Jeep Fleet

Hi Everyone, this is my first post to the board. I've been lurking for awhile until I could get my MJ. Well I finally got it last week!! :D I found it on Craigslist in San Jose. I later saw the post for it here http://www.comancheclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8729 and WahooSteeler you were right it is a Super Clean MJ. I talked with the guy on Tuesday, he send me some pics and I told him I'd buy if full price. I flew out the next day to San Jose. He picked me up at the airport, looked over the MJ and the deal was done. Got in it and made a couple of stops to check all fluids and drove it home to Phoenix that night.

The Jeep is in incredible condition after the few I have seen locally for sale. It is bone stock. It runs great, plenty of power and I got 19-22MPG on the way home.

There is only a few things wrong with it, like the gas gauge, little oil leak around the valve cover (normal with my past Jeeps), various seepage nothing that can't be fixed easily. Carpet and headliner needs to be replaced as well.

I'm cleaning it after work each day and will change all fluids this weekend. It already passed emissions with flying colors!

Here are the specs:

92 MJ Comanche 4.0L, 5sp, 4x4, short bed, with A/C

Here are some pics

My plans for it are to make it similar to this sweet MJ I saw last year at the TDS Safari, it's Curries MJ.

I look forward to talking with you folks, I'm on a few other Jeep boards as well. I'll start a post in the Projects section when I get started and document it all.

Nice of you to join our cause!! but one question,, whats so sweet about this mj??

A few guys on here have mj's 10X better looking then that one.. they might not have the axles that one has , but still look as good if not better... IMO :D

That MJ has a nice clean look to it, the height I'm looking for and the color. I don't care for the wheels on this one but I do like the rear bumper.

You are right, there are alot of nice MJs on this board, and of course I will look at incorporating things that other people have done to theirs if I like it. I'm not looking to make a trail rig out of it, I'll wheel my Rubicon for that. I'd like to give the MJ a little lift, put some larger tires, paint it and keep it for putting around.

I've already found many ideas on the board thanks to everyone.

ARRRRG! You suck, you suck, you suck!!! :headpop: I live in Phoenix as well, was watching that truck, and was one paycheck away from buying it. Arrrrrg! AND, my plans for it were very similar to yours. Damnit, damnit, damnit! :mad: Congrats though, that was a good find. Keep us posted on the mods. If you change your mind and decide to sell it before it's too molested, feel free to PM me. :brows:

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I added yet another Jeep to the family. My son finally got a a 93 XJ 2 door. We picked it up today and spent 5 hours cleaning it. It really came out nice. He is very happy with it. We got a good deal on it. I think it has a cracked flexplate that I'll need to replace shortly. It's got a 3" lift with coils up front and an add-a-leaf in the rear. I be getting underneath tomorrow and changing all the fluids and look things over more throughly. Here's some pics. I look forward to help building it up with him.

(The MJ and LJ in the background)

(KK in the garage)