Jeep Comanche Price

BEEDOSAUCE

Hello, I don’t have any plans on selling it right now but how much do you think a 4x4 Comanche Laredo is worth? I got mine off copart with some front end damage but no damage to the actual frame and copart estimated that it was worth $13,000, although i’m not too sure how accurate that is. any ideas? 

14 hours ago, 89 MJ said:

It really depends on how nice it is, how many miles it has, and your location. 

honestly it’s pretty clean!! i just need to fix up the paint and that’s pretty much all, no rust what’s so ever, has around 280k miles and located in cali!! 

$13k I would expect that there is not 1 spec of rust and that it had desirable options, mostly original, all rubber replaced, and everything works at 280k miles. 

Miles don't matter much at this age. If it is an original engine/trans at 280k I would probably be buying it for everything else.

Anything that is from the west coast is going to be very clean. Although, west coast buyers are also probably pickier but more willing to pay for what they want. 

Fiatslug87 asks a good question.  You also might consider what you paid for it, as opposed to Coparts' estimated value. 

Regardless, condition, options and location dictate price (not value) and $13K is a premium ask.    

On 6/30/2024 at 10:23 PM, Torq_Shep said:

$13k I would expect that there is not 1 spec of rust and that it had desirable options, mostly original, all rubber replaced, and everything works at 280k miles. 

Miles don't matter much at this age. If it is an original engine/trans at 280k I would probably be buying it for everything else.

Anything that is from the west coast is going to be very clean. Although, west coast buyers are also probably pickier but more willing to pay for what they want. 

everything works fine surprisingly, even the AC!! 😅 but yeah mostly everything is original besides the front part (doing 01’ conversion) and no rust at all from what i’ve checked out

3 hours ago, NHMJXJ said:

Fiatslug87 asks a good question.  You also might consider what you paid for it, as opposed to Coparts' estimated value. 

Regardless, condition, options and location dictate price (not value) and $13K is a premium ask.    

I got it for 3.5k!!! so i’d say i got it on the cheaper end.

do make sure you're insuring it for a decent amount. :L:   otherwise a minor accident will total it out and get you a tiny check.  :( 

On 7/7/2024 at 7:55 AM, boxyjeep said:

Sorry to say, but it’s not going to be worth that much.  Especially with the salvage title and front end swap you are planning.

On 7/7/2024 at 7:55 AM, boxyjeep said:

Sorry to say, but it’s not going to be worth that much.  Especially with the salvage title and front end swap you are planning.

yeahhh that’s what i figured, i personally don’t care all that much since it’s for personal use but i just wanted outside opinions since that’s what copart was estimating it at 

On 7/16/2024 at 6:22 PM, Eagle said:

With damage and a salvage title, it's not worth anywhere near $13,000. More like $1,300 ...

1,300??? find me a laredo trim 4x4 in the same price and ill go buy it right now

2 hours ago, BEEDOSAUCE said:

1,300??? find me a laredo trim 4x4 in the same price and ill go buy it right now

I mean I literally just bought a clean title, 164k mile, short bed, 5spd, 2wd with an extra 4wd tranny 231 tcase, and everything to 4wd swap her for $1200.  The man isn't wrong.  Salvage title is a price killer unless you have some monster offroad rig built up.  I probably wouldn't pay $3500 for a salvage title, damaged, 280k mile Comanche unless it had a brand new engine. But to each their own.

Different groups of buyers/builders/sellers here as you can see. Comanche’s are kind of in a mixed market. Still some buyers and sellers that view it as a cheap toy. Others think they are collectibles but only if completely original and still others who want something pre-built. So prices are still all over the board. I doubt that will change any time soon.
Though I would like to see a six figure Comanche some day :D

1 hour ago, ghetdjc320 said:
Though I would like to see a six figure Comanche some day :D

I will offer$1300.50

Does that count as six figures?

On 7/20/2024 at 2:28 AM, ghetdjc320 said:

On 7/19/2024 at 10:13 PM, AMC_FAN said:

I mean I literally just bought a clean title, 164k mile, short bed, 5spd, 2wd with an extra 4wd tranny 231 tcase, and everything to 4wd swap her for $1200.  The man isn't wrong.  Salvage title is a price killer unless you have some monster offroad rig built up.  I probably wouldn't pay $3500 for a salvage title, damaged, 280k mile Comanche unless it had a brand new engine. But to each their own.

don't get me wrong, I don't think its worth 13,000 either. But theres a difference between it coming factory 4x4 and converting it 4x4, not to mention yours isnt even the laredo trim. Plus the only "damage" it received was the body panels which have been replaced 

23 hours ago, BEEDOSAUCE said:

don't get me wrong, I don't think its worth 13,000 either. But theres a difference between it coming factory 4x4 and converting it 4x4, not to mention yours isnt even the laredo trim. Plus the only "damage" it received was the body panels which have been replaced 

But it's a Laredo with a salvage title and high mileage.  The one's going for top dollar are the opposite of that, or a very well built off-road rig.  Laredo's aren't really that special, the most desirable ones are factory Eliminators, factory *original dealer optioned* street Comanches, metric ton packages, and especially the metric ton with factory *original dealer optioned* dually conversion.  Even then, here's a clean title Eliminator with the late model front end swap and similar mileage.  Went for $4400 at auction. https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1991-jeep-comanche/ 

Alternatively here's a highly modified, undetermined mileage, 4 cylinder, 2wd race Comanche that sold for $15000 and more recent. https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1988-jeep-comanche-11/

Here's an example of a $16000 Comanche.  Absolutely spotless, clean title, 88k original miles, Pioneer 4x4.  https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1988-jeep-comanche-16/

Obviously the market is going to vary locally, and Cali will probably bring a higher price.  But I'd still say a max of $4k if it's super clean. 

16 minutes ago, AMC_FAN said:

factory street Comanches

Not factory. A special 100 MJ deal with archer bros and a California dealer. 

17 minutes ago, AMC_FAN said:

factory dually conversion.

Also not. A custom thing as well. 

7 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

Not factory. A special 100 MJ deal with archer bros and a California dealer. 

Also not. A custom thing as well. 

Sorry I misspoke, was thinking "rolled off the dealer like that" or "on the original build sheet".  Edited my comment to fix but left my goof.

22 minutes ago, AMC_FAN said:

Sorry I misspoke, was thinking "rolled off the dealer like that" or "on the original build sheet".  Edited my comment to fix but left my goof.

All good. Wish those were factory, but they weren’t.