Replacement OE Decals - Engine Bay, Emissions, VIN, Jack Instructions, & More!

I've had a handful of folks purchase their reproduction labels over the past few days.  I'll be sending everything to the printer this week--please DM ASAP me if you'd like to join in on this first order.

It’s funny, all of the vendors on here (myself included) love making parts for these trucks but it’s tough getting consistent order volume. And since this isn’t our full time jobs, it’s tough to keep these custom parts going long-term. I’m stoked to get my custom labels! Will post up in my build thread when I get them. No company would have taken the time to customize the labels to the degree that @SoCalJeepComanche did. 

• boxyjeep changed the title to Information Labels - Emissions, VIN, Fan Warning, Oil Filter, Jack Instructions!

I wish I saw this before now.  I'm going to be getting to the point I'm going to be dealing with international shippers this summer\early fall.  Mine have paint and say VOID all over them.  The question is will these be good enough to get through international customs inspections?  I was going to have the truck painted when taxes come back.  My original plan was to talk to the body shop when it was there about getting a replacement set.  These seem on par to everyone?  Problems can cause me problems at the port and thousands of dollars or worst case scenario a crushed Jeep.

14 minutes ago, ExpatMJGuy said:

I wish I saw this before now.  I'm going to be getting to the point I'm going to be dealing with international shippers this summer\early fall.  Mine have paint and say VOID all over them.  The question is will these be good enough to get through international customs inspections?  I was going to have the truck painted when taxes come back.  My original plan was to talk to the body shop when it was there about getting a replacement set.  These seem on par to everyone?  Problems can cause me problems at the port and thousands of dollars or worst case scenario a crushed Jeep.

I also deal with similar issues as I’ll be bringing my latest build back overseas with me. The quality of these is great and should have no problems as you will just be restoring what should have been there. As for US regulations, our trucks no longer fall under epa regulations for import but you could possibly request an MSO from a Jeep dealership. They just pull the vin, confirm it was built in the US and issue a letter. That’s a nice form to have.

57 minutes ago, ghetdjc320 said:

I also deal with similar issues as I’ll be bringing my latest build back overseas with me. The quality of these is great and should have no problems as you will just be restoring what should have been there. As for US regulations, our trucks no longer fall under epa regulations for import but you could possibly request an MSO from a Jeep dealership. They just pull the vin, confirm it was built in the US and issue a letter. That’s a nice form to have.

MSO?  Manufacture Statement of Origin?  Mine is going to Australia if all goes according to plan.  There can still be an audible for New Zealand but Australia is still the plan.  I just don't want a customs inspector opening the door and going, that doesn't look right.  Either way I know it needs a new label before it can go.  I'm going to need to get with the OP and order a set.  I'll hold them in a folder in the house till it goes in for paint and I'll have the body shop install them.  Then at least I have them.

34 minutes ago, ExpatMJGuy said:

MSO?  Manufacture Statement of Origin?  Mine is going to Australia if all goes according to plan.  There can still be an audible for New Zealand but Australia is still the plan.  I just don't want a customs inspector opening the door and going, that doesn't look right.  Either way I know it needs a new label before it can go.  I'm going to need to get with the OP and order a set.  I'll hold them in a folder in the house till it goes in for paint and I'll have the body shop install them.  Then at least I have them.

Yep that’s right. These are identical to oem so you’re just replacing a damaged part with another original part. Should be a non issue 

Got mine today. The door vin sticker is in the safe with a bunch of other NOS emblems, waiting for the day my truck gets a paint job.

The fan warning stickers are great, look to be very good quality. Definitely better than what I had.

20230201_150244.jpg.b0385700eb89520e08fcb4fa1516b8b5.jpg

20230201_150251.jpg.9b409d283fbe3cc06c81d384159eb79c.jpg

20230201_152414.jpg.0c38fd97459feaecdae147c0b0e311eb.jpg

Now I need a new yellow oil filter sticker, my MJ has an HO block so it has the later style filter adapter.

9 hours ago, Airborne Janitor said:

Got mine today. The door vin sticker is in the safe with a bunch of other NOS emblems, waiting for the day my truck gets a paint job.

The fan warning stickers are great, look to be very good quality. Definitely better than what I had.

20230201_150244.jpg.b0385700eb89520e08fcb4fa1516b8b5.jpg

20230201_150251.jpg.9b409d283fbe3cc06c81d384159eb79c.jpg

20230201_152414.jpg.0c38fd97459feaecdae147c0b0e311eb.jpg

Now I need a new yellow oil filter sticker, my MJ has an HO block so it has the later style filter adapter.

Looking good!  I have the oil filter stickers in stock--DM if interested.

SoCalJeepComanche  hooked me up with my semi-custom set of decals/stickers for my MJ.  Mine is slightly unusual in that I have a 2000XJ's driveline in it, so my underhand "emissions" sticker should reference the 2000XJ information, but the rest of the stuff would be for the actual MJ chassis, which is from 1989.

Here are the results in place.

I did have to do something a bit unusual for my emissions sticker because the engine compartment is coated in bed liner, which a conventional sticker with pressure sensitive adhesive won't like.   What I did was to attach the sticker to a sheet of thin aluminum of the same size as the sticker, and then pop rivet this assembly to the firewall in the appropriate spot.   The rivets are almost unnoticeable, and thus the sticker looks OEM in appearance.

IMG_3578.jpg

IMG_3579.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

• boxyjeep changed the title to Replacement OE Decals - Engine Bay, Emissions, VIN, Jack Instructions, & More!