B I G Money II or THE HOLY GRAIL?

WahooSteeler

Anybody catch this one on ebay? Plow truck or no plow truck, it's still practically new. It will be interesting to see what it brings.

Let's place bets on what it goes for. Already at $2500 with over 8 days to go. The winner gets..............uh...........gets.............uh, well the winner doesn't get jack other than best guesser honors! Closest within $100. If that Scrambler is going for $55,000, this oughta bring at least $54,500! Ok, so take a zero off, I think it will close for @$5850.

Anyway, <13k, that's amazing. Interior looked incredible.

Let the games begin.................

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 2342720&rd

Some of you guys crack me up. "ohhhh no, i wouldn't touch that thing if it was used for plowing!". Yet, you buy engines and trannies with ridiculous amounts of miles on them and no idea that the previous owner ran the living crap out of them. I know you get a lot of that stuff cheap but my point is, you act like if you won the lottery you still wouldn't buy it just because it had a plow on it. I know a lot of you still won't agree with me, but a 13k plow truck, IMO, sure as hell has no more wear on the drivetrain than the 100k+ equipment that was run like a dog most of its life. Granted, that 13k could have been abusive plowing, but nobody knows until you drive it and listen to it. It looks like that interior is original, and in that condition it does not look like it had a lot of seat time. Not the most reliable way to form an opinion, but if it was strictly a work truck and run hard, I doubt the interior would be that clean.

It's cool, that's why we're here, we've all got something different to say.

Hey Jeepco, got pics of those fixed quarter windows for me yet? No big deal, just checking.........

Some of you guys crack me up. "ohhhh no, i wouldn't touch that thing if it was used for plowing!". Yet, you buy engines and trannies with ridiculous amounts of miles on them and no idea that the previous owner ran the living crap out of them. I know you get a lot of that stuff cheap but my point is, you act like if you won the lottery you still wouldn't buy it just because it had a plow on it. I know a lot of you still won't agree with me, but a 13k plow truck, IMO, sure as hell has no more wear on the drivetrain than the 100k+ equipment that was run like a dog most of its life. Granted, that 13k could have been abusive plowing, but nobody knows until you drive it and listen to it. It looks like that interior is original, and in that condition it does not look like it had a lot of seat time. Not the most reliable way to form an opinion, but if it was strictly a work truck and run hard, I doubt the interior would be that clean.

It's cool, that's why we're here, we've all got something different to say.

Hey Jeepco, got pics of those fixed quarter windows for me yet? No big deal, just checking.........

yep, got them will post tomorrow afternoon when I'm back at my PC (stupid laptop not having a card reader)

anyways, plow truck = salt, rust, and lots of that getting kicked up into places you wouldn't think of. the low miles means it sat for a LOOONG time. now, unless the owner assured me that it was washed after every use, and then garaged, and even then, whether or not it sat with the plow mounted all the time or if they took it off when not in use, I would not buy it. no 12k mile drivetrain is worth the $5k estimate that that truck would be worth, so without knowing the exact history of the truck, I wouldn't buy it.

Hey wahoosteeler - I'll get into this game with you :brows:

The way the bidding is going just the first few days........hummm.......

I'll say it's going to top out at the winning bid of.......$6,785.00

If everyone read the discription in the e-bay add, yea, from an estate, never hit the road. I'll buy the milage at under 13K That truck has a repaint, no side decails, and no badges.

That plow is a factory set up, you can tell from the front bumper, with the extened end returns. The Myers plow, 80" (Modle # 2 Meters) weights in at about 300#, another 85# for the pump/motor, and about 120# for the undermount. That's why the front end is drooping. The factory set up also had air bags in the coils to compensate for the extra front end weight.

Oh.....how do I know this??

Cause this is my '87 -

And this is the plow.....Some where in Ohio now -

I knew I should have throw this up on e-bay before I parted out the plow :cry: And that MJ only has 76K on the clock :brows:

But mine was missing the front bumper. And you can see what plowing does to the fenders and the rest of the body :eek:

Still a nice MJ on that e-bay auction, I'll stick with my guest ;)

And I like the Snoway plow much better, weights 360# total. Just don't have a picture of that right now, on one of the '89's

And this is the plow.....Some where in Ohio now -

I knew I should have throw this up on e-bay before I parted out the plow :cry: And that MJ only has 76K on the clock :brows:

I know where where the plow is :D and as soon as I get back on my feet I know a XJ that will be fit no :cheers:

Air bags hay :chillin:

Some good debate here. Let me clear up a few things. I didn't say that I thought it was necessarily worth $5-6k, just that someone would pay that for it. But I do stand behind my opinion that if the low miles are correct, the drivetrain is probably in good shape. One of the reasons I believe this is, as Wildman also noticed in the description, that "supposedly" it was used exclusively on private property, so I believe that would support light use. If you look close it looks like there are still some stickers on the doors right under the window, I'd guess it was on a farm or similar and that name was on the sticker. Anyway, a lot of assumptions going on but that's why I thought it would be fun to post this to read everyone's "what if's?"

Whoever is selling this I am sure is going to make a nice profit. I'm pretty confident since it's "removal was a condition of another sales transaction", it was bought for cheap at an estate auction to get rid of all the items the buyer didn't want. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if the driveway it's in is the guy who drove it the past 10-20yrs working at the property!

Anyway, I thought of a tiebreaker if we have two winning bets less than $100 from the auction sales price. The winner will be the one who correctly identifies the "flavor" of the air freshener tree. Ha!

PLow trucks are worked hard.. I don't care how well they are maintained.. they are used for work.. and are treated as such. If it was purchased from an estate.. it was probrably purchased rather cheap, and as pointed out the seller is going to make a nice profit. My issue would be the rust. No matter how low the miles are... it has been exposed to rust.. which we all know is expensive to have fixed.. and hard to keep away once it starts. To me it is over valued all ready.. but I have a rule that I don't pay over a grand for a jeep :oops:

Ok, I've got a 1991 YJ that I bought new, I have an old Meyers 6.5' plow on it.

Yes plows do weigh down the fron end ALOT. you must consider that the weight of the plow is stuck several feet out in front of the vehicle, so the weight it has is increased by leverage.

Yes Vehicles that are used for plowing are worked ALOT harder then just about anything else you could do with them.

But lets think about this for a minute or two.

If this truck was used on a private estate, then chances are even with plowing snow for 19 winters, the 12k miles on this are not just snow plowing.

Most likely it plowed a mile or so of private road/driveway when it snowed, so the rest of the mileage is from running errands arround town.

Chances are it didn't even see that much road salt, being used on a private estate/ranch/farm.

My own two cents, (providing sellers description is acurate), is that this truck is well worth $5k.

I saw a long bed on ebay about a year ago that had 46k miles on it, and was in REAL nice shape, the seller had a minimum bid of $5k, and it didn't sell, so who knows what this will end up doing.

Tell you what, sure wish I had some extra cash, I'd bid on it.