B I G Money II or THE HOLY GRAIL?

WahooSteeler

Well this is what the ad says

"HAS RECENT NEW BUMPER AND RECENT FUEL TANK AND BRAKE LINES."

What I read is

This truck is rusted like hell underneath and the frame is Swiss cheese

The 90 model I just picked up.. brake lines are rusted in 2, but there is almost no rust underneath, and only minor rust along the bottom of the door.

OK. So I went and checked out the truck this morning. Let me just say this...Pictures can be deceiving. The truck is not as nice as the pictures make it look. It was for sure a work truck! The interrior was the nicest part of the truck. There was a fair share of rot in places such as the rot on the rear lower sections of the bed and the driver side cab corner was bubling real nice and if I touched it it would have been a hole there.

Looked like someone had droped something real heavy on the driver side bed cap which left a nice 2" deep dent right behind the cab. The floor wasn't showing any signs of rot from the out side but looked like it had been undercoated real well at some point. The trans pan looked like it was rotting away and looked real brittle but wasn't leaking yet.

The trar flares and bed sides were gouged up pretty good. Looked like someone backed into a couple things. No one was home so I didn't get to hear it run but really didn't need to after seeing everything else. If you ask me I would say that's about a $1500.00 truck at the most. But that's just me

1999MJ - Thanks for the update :D

I think you said it all 'Pictures can be deceiving"

Well......I'll still stick to my high bid number, and with 4 days to go, and sitting at what, $3k plus now, We'll sit and watch :popcorn:

I really didn't need a tree shape air freshener anyways :cry:

I still think the thing will go for a good number, that plow is a hot item right now, tis the season and all, I've seen plows in this area for XJ's going for $950-1100 on the high end.

Thanks for checking that MJ out and letting us know ;)

hmm future ebay posting....

1988 jeep MJ commanche ...2.5ltr 4 cyl 4spd manual 4x2. vehicle runs great. has a little rust-through. was formerly owned by and elderly gentleman. i bought this as a project vehicle and have run out of room... other comanche's in similar condition go for $7,000+ I'm setting the reserve at $4,000 which is a steal ....happy bidding!

HA!!!!

WOW! I think the last I looked at it this afternoon it had about 5hrs to go and was still in the mid $3's. I figured the bidders were local and saw the real thing. Guess not. But what doesn't make sense is a very experienced ebayer bought it, over four thousand transactions! You'd think they'd know what's a good deal and what's not. NOT!

Crazy.......

:eek: I didn't think it would sell for almost $8K, I thought it would be around the $7K range, but :eek:

So my guest was $1166 to low, oh well, I didn't need the air freshener that bad :cry:

After 1999MJ checked it out, and told us about the condition, If any one had that much interest in it, they would have looked at it in person too, buying something for that kind of $$ needs a look thru.

Buyer be-wear comes to mind :brows:

This is kind of good seeing what some of these MJ's are going for, kind of makes my herd a little more valuable now :D

And, I was thinking about the low mileage on that MJ, I wonder how long the speed-o cable was broke :roll: