Gas prices

MiNi Beast

I am glad I have my bicycle! I ride my bike most of the time when the weather is decent. In the spring summer and fall I can go most of the week on my bike, saving my Jeep and precious gas for weekend fun. In my small town I can get around faster than auto traffic, mainly do to poorly timed traffic lights and stop signs that I blow right through on my bike. Not to mention elderly drivers (which I pass regularly) with a line of cars behind them at a crawl. I wish there was an odemeter on my bike I probably put more miles on it than my Jeep in the summer!

that's why i'm going to start biking once the weather permits and i figure out how to store it in my 1 bed apartment without the wife commenting on it. i figure i'll save about $1000 that way with current gas prices and how much i drive the 'manche right now.

as for prices i saw today, out around holland/grand haven/muskegon michigan, it's around 3.19. around grand rapids, 3.29.

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Local Arco is 3.499 for RUG - 87 octane

Same Arco is 4.159 for diesel

Downtown San Diego today at a 76 station"

3.699 for RUG

4.259 for diesel

This time last year:

RUG = 3.609

Diesel = 2.999

My cars: 98 Isuzu Rodeo, 96 VW Diesel, 91 Comanche w/ HO

There is no oil shortage. It's just the government using this to put more money in their pockets.

Sure... You can trust the government... Ask an Indian. ;)

Not the govt. the Oil Co. :nuts: Look at how much they made last year :mad:

• 1 month later...

20 mins away there was a 3.49 this weekend. The ones in town are still 3.59 or 3.65. This is pissing me off. Oil rose to $123 a barrel because the US announced that there was growth in the labor department...meaning that we will be using more fuel. :roll:

This morning Strasburg was at 3.489, Dover 3.459 and New Philadelphia 3.699. 9:30am I got word Dover and New Philly had gone up to 3.799, so I took 20 minutes off work to put 41 gallons in the Suburban at 3.489. An hour later Strasburg also went to 3.799.

This is all in Ohio.

This morning Strasburg was at 3.489, Dover 3.459 and New Philadelphia 3.699. 9:30am I got word Dover and New Philly had gone up to 3.799, so I took 20 minutes off work to put 41 gallons in the Suburban at 3.489. An hour later Strasburg also went to 3.799.

This is all in Ohio.

Thats just wrong.

People say that "Europeans have been paying this much for a long time." Well 2/3 of that is tax, AND they have government subsodised health care, and other programs....which Americans have to pay for. It not logical :hateputers: .