Gas prices

MiNi Beast

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$3.48 reg, +$.10 each grade up, DSL $4.15

Turbo Blue (Cam 2 Racing around here) is 116 screaming octane! jamminz.gif You can actually save @$1/gallon if you "drop back" to purple, or 112 octane....woohoo! I used to run this in my MX bike when I raced. I hadn't thought about the comparison of what I paid for race fuel 10-12yrs ago to what reg. UNL is today....................about the same, mid to high $3 range. Wow.

This morning Strasburg was at 3.489, Dover 3.459 and New Philadelphia 3.699. 9:30am I got word Dover and New Philly had gone up to 3.799, so I took 20 minutes off work to put 41 gallons in the Suburban at 3.489. An hour later Strasburg also went to 3.799.

This is all in Ohio.

Thats just wrong.

People say that "Europeans have been paying this much for a long time." Well 2/3 of that is tax, AND they have government subsodised health care, and other programs....which Americans have to pay for. It not logical :hateputers: .

No, they have been paying more.

Got a friend in GB that is paying about $7 - $8 our price for the past few years, and a friend down under is paying what works out to be around $7.50 our price. And that is for 87. He has a F250 Diesel and it sucks on what he is paying :cry:

One of the reasons why gas prices are so high, is the devaluation of the American dollar. Just say thanks to the Federal Reserve for lowering intrest rates again :oops: Sure they are trying to bail out the home owners and home builders, but all they are really doing is fueling another housing crisis. TOOO many home being built out of the range of a normal working class family, so they buy a house they can't afford.. then the car, then the refinance... and can't afford any of it :nuts:

I guess the average ppl who bought a modest house, and live within their means will have to bail them out too :mad:

One of the reasons why gas prices are so high, is the devaluation of the American dollar. Just say thanks to the Federal Reserve for lowering intrest rates again :oops: Sure they are trying to bail out the home owners and home builders, but all they are really doing is fueling another housing crisis. TOOO many home being built out of the range of a normal working class family, so they buy a house they can't afford.. then the car, then the refinance... and can't afford any of it :nuts:

I guess the average ppl who bought a modest house, and live within their means will have to bail them out too :mad:

Very true also do not leave out when the federal reserve "prints" more money by giving out "loans" to bail out major Wall Street firms for example Bear Stearns Cos. the dollar is further weakened.

Up here in Wyoming, Ontario, Canada,--the price today was $1.18/ Litre--so whatever that is Gallons?

1 litre = 0.264172052 US gallons

1 US gallon = 3.78541178 litre

$1.18 x 3.78541178 = $4.47 US / Gal

Up here in Wyoming, Ontario, Canada,--the price today was $1.18/ Litre--so whatever that is Gallons?

OUCH!--glad I drive my Neon to work.---450KM round trip.= 1 tank of fuel.

That's just a bit under 280 Miles for those of us south of the CA/US Border....

That's just a bit under 280 Miles for those of us south of the CA/US Border....

Ha ha-Thankyou "Human Calculator"! ;)--what is the conversion for # of US tanks of gas to # Canadian tanks of gas?

Today $1 US is actually right about $1 CDN. A few weeks back the Canadian dollar was actually about $1.05 US. Historically it's been between $0.65 and $0.80 US...

Not that the Canadian dollar is that strong, just that the US dollar has devalued that much due to all the money we're wasting in the middle east.

In the meanwhile our economy is going to $#!&, but I'm starting to rant again. Better go find something to break to calm down....

• 2 weeks later...
$3.98 for unleaded

$4.14 for premium

$4.64 for diesel

Time to fill up while she's still under $4. :mad:

87= $4.07

89 = $4.27

91 = $4.49

and I saw desiel for $4.99 at a couple places arround town..

Pretty bad when the meters shut off at $75 with my Credit Card Purchase and my Tahoe (26 Gal Tank) is only about 3/4 full...

Sw2

$3.98 for unleaded

$4.14 for premium

$4.64 for diesel

87= $4.07

89 = $4.27

91 = $4.49

Pretty bad when the meters shut off at $75 with my Credit Card Purchase and my Tahoe (26 Gal Tank) is only about 3/4 full...

Sw2

Yeah I seen that at the pumps. With Visa only a $50 transaction. With MasterCard only a $75 transaction.

Apparently it was put into effect becase people was having their cards stolen and was being used at the pumps.

But yeah what are they to do now with the gas prices going up? LOL sucks either way, thats why I just go inside.

$3.98 for unleaded

$4.14 for premium

$4.64 for diesel

87= $4.07

89 = $4.27

91 = $4.49

Sw2

Be glad. My Suburban has a 42 gallon tank....

At least the pumps here go to $100 before they shut off. And I topped off the MJ at $3.69 yesterday. Today gas went up to $3.97 :nuts: