Gas prices

MiNi Beast

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Diesel for $3.25 also on Sunday. (For my Passat TDI! - 37MPG - around town).

We had an 02 Passat with the 1.8T right after the new style came out. Loved that car, well my wife did since it was her DD. Fantastic little engine. I've been thinking of selling her Pilot, even though it's a great family truckster, and getting a TDI wagon. How is that engine maintenance wise etc.?

Oh, and $2.85/gal as of today.

Diesel for $3.25 also on Sunday. (For my Passat TDI! - 37MPG - around town).

We had an 02 Passat with the 1.8T right after the new style came out. Loved that car, well my wife did since it was her DD. Fantastic little engine. I've been thinking of selling her Pilot, even though it's a great family truckster, and getting a TDI wagon. How is that engine maintenance wise etc.?

Oh, and $2.85/gal as of today.

My Passat is a 96 with 180K miles. I have owned it for the last 20K and have done nothing to the engine, except change the oil. Runs fine.

But the rest of the car has cost me a bunch of money. $1025 for the A/C compressor, $500+ for CV joints, new tires, etc, etc.

Not that the Comanche has been any cheaper. Think I have spent $3k on the Comanche in about the same time and only about 6000 miles use on the truck.

yes and no. my car needs premium, definitely a difference in performance and mpg when i don't use it. riding around on fumes this a.m. so i bought premium at another place near work at $3.11 and the other place was $3.05. who knew it would drop 11 cents in 8 hours? :nuts: as long as it keeps dropping, i don't care that it cost me all of $1.20 more to fill up in the a.m.

• 2 weeks later...

Well paid 2.65 today took $45 to fill up jamminz.gif Been long time since I been able to fill up under $50. I hear they filling up at $2.39 in Detroit. Sweetness and crude oil is going for $64 a barrel which is a far cry from $110 back in May-June. :hmm: