Gas prices

MiNi Beast

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Broke the $1.50 barrier this a.m. ----------- $1.49 WOW! Premium is only $1.69! But, diesel still at $2.89, that's BS.

I went back through some of the posts to see where and when it peaked to compare to where we are now. MiniBeast (where's he been lately??!!) started the thread in March when fuel spiked up over $3. I seemed to top out right around the end of July at just under $4 as an average I'd say, with SW2 posting up a $4.47 for 87 octane as a high mark. And then it looks like around September that prices began to fall. It's interesting to see posts of guys filling up for $3.10, $3.05 or $2.99 and being ecstatic. But since that represented a 25% "savings" from the peak, we were all happy. But I dare say ANYONE would have placed a bet that @90+ days after the peak that we'd be less than HALF of that price. Truly, who could even imagine that we'd be that far under $2..............THAT FAST. Which means, enjoy it while it lasts, it's that volatile.

Just filled up for $1.68. Almost a tank of gas for <$17

I hope it lasts through January, as I have 2 long trips to Canada before then. Each trip will be about 1000 miles, which covers about 1/4 of my total driving for a year.

A few years ago gas did the same thing, although not to this extent. I can't remember around what date it bottomed out, though.

• 2 weeks later...