Pricy but clean, very very clean.

• 2 weeks later...

Factory tow hooks, rear cab light, center console/buckets, chrome tailgate handle, brushed dash bezel.  To me, it looks like whoever took those photos knows Comanches.  I really like the combination paint scheme, it reminds me of the Eddie Bauer Edition Broncos that were available at the time.

1986_Ford_Bronco_Eddie_Bauer.jpg

I'm curious as to why they took pictures of the truck wet. You can see that the roof and topper are wet in some of the pictures and parts of the engine bay look wet as well, along with the water that has dripped on the ground. It being wet just brings up a lot of questions in my head. Maybe it was just dirty, but why was such a nice truck so dirty? It doesn't look like it was used a lot. I would be willing to guess that this truck isn't as nice in person as it looks in the pictures--look at the Jeep lettering on the mudflaps.

Also, the bottoms of the hood in all of my trucks have been painted, but mine were all build under Chrysler's ownership so maybe not painting all of the bottom of the hood was an AMC thing or this one just didn't get painted under the hood all the way. :dunno:

I'm also curious about the firewall--it just seems to show a lot of wear on the paint and the hardware--maybe that part just didn't get wet for the pictures.

again tow mirrors are the cleanest looking mirrors. it doesn't look wet to me just really shiny. maybe it rained an hour before they took these. also wasn't there a yellow truck for sale that looks like it had pics taken in the exact same spot

On 2/14/2021 at 1:10 PM, Pete M said:

144735925_2720235168239984_5451655021473991055_o.jpg

19 minutes ago, Jesse J said:

again tow mirrors are the cleanest looking mirrors. it doesn't look wet to me just really shiny. maybe it rained an hour before they took these. also wasn't there a yellow truck for sale that looks like it had pics taken in the exact same spot

The tow mirrors do look good! It is this picture that shows that the truck is wet. It is possible that it rained, but I'm still skeptical of it.

Just now, 89 MJ said:

The tow mirrors do look good! It is this picture that shows that the truck is wet. It is possible that it rained, but I'm still skeptical of it.

yeah now that I look closer it does look a little wet. that is a good point on why would it need to be cleaned?

it is very common for people to snap pics after a wash, even if they are not selling the truck. :L:   I know if I was trying to get near 10 grand for it, I'd want it to be as clean as possible.  your suspicion might stem from all those other trucks we've seen where they were asking a ton of money but couldn't even be bothered to clean the trash off the floor. :laugh:

1 hour ago, 89 MJ said:

@Minuit, what are your thoughts on this truck? I am skeptical, but I am not sure if I am rightfully skeptical or not.

I spent about the same amount of time looking at this one as I typically do, and the only thing that really sticks out to me is the wetness, and that maybe that's being used to mask clearcoat that's starting to go. But I really don't think it's malicious. Obviously this is all pending a very thorough in person inspection.

I'll admit that considering this is a "high class" MJ for sale, there isn't much to go by. There aren't that many pictures by modern standards and none of the underside, and the pictures were taken in poor lighting. But judging on what I see, this looks like an honest truck - a time capsule back to the early 90s when most '86 MJs still had 5-digit miles on them and were probably still with their original owners being taken care of, instead of where 99% of them are now.

Of course, it is also a time capsule back to when a 15.2 second 0-60 (with the AX-5 - this automatic one is probably slower) was "very fast for a 4WD truck" which is just painful these days. If this truck was a 4.0, it would be an absolute win, but that 2.8L turd between the fenders is just a shame.

1 hour ago, DesertRat1991 said:

Did the factory ever put the 4x4 logo in that spot?

When were those pocket doors first available?

The 4x4 emblem on the rear bedside was an 86 thing, I think some owners of early 87s also report having them there.

I've seen the pocket doors on Cherokees 84-86, Comanches 86, I can't recall seeing them on anything later.

10 hours ago, 89 MJ said:

parts of the engine bay look wet as well

Actually this is an old car show trick. You take tire shine and spritz it on all the black parts of your engine to make them shine. Hence why the hoses and such are very shiny. I do that from time to time to get that show room look.

Also...

image.png.d4ecc44eeca37604bacdf71558e425bf.png

Anyone see the XJ in the background?