Lower control arms

Oh wise and knowledgeable CC folks I'm looking for options for lower control arms. I am unable to use GC arms for some strange reason, so what brand do you recommend. what is good and who do i stay away from? this is for a short arm. not looking for long arm yet

I have Core 4X4 arms on mine.  I had JKS on my last XJ.  They both seem similar in overall quality.   Whatever you do, make sure the arms come with RUBBER, not urethane, bushings, unless you want your fillings rattled anytime you drive it.

1 hour ago, Pete M said:

why are you unable to use the WJ arms?  did you trim the steel sleeve flush with the rubber bushing?

After getting the arms to install body side, the axle side would not line up, it would hit the mounting brackets of the lower control arm and keep it a half-inch from lining up. don't think the axle twisted cause the old one went right back in same as strokermjcomanche in

41 minutes ago, jdog said:

After getting the arms to install body side, the axle side would not line up, it would hit the mounting brackets of the lower control arm and keep it a half-inch from lining up. don't think the axle twisted cause the old one went right back in same as strokermjcomanche in

But the ends of the WJ arms physically fit in both mounting points correct? Was it off the same amount on both sides or did you only try one side? Did you disconnect the track bar before doubt the control arm swap? How were you jacking up the axle? 

if your thinking of getting new control arms, Currie/Savvy and metal cloaks are my favorites. Very durable and very smooth both onroad and off. 

50 minutes ago, ghetdjc320 said:

But the ends of the WJ arms physically fit in both mounting points correct? Was it off the same amount on both sides or did you only try one side? Did you disconnect the track bar before doubt the control arm swap? How were you jacking up the axle? 

if your thinking of getting new control arms, Currie/Savvy and metal cloaks are my favorites. Very durable and very smooth both onroad and off. 

yep both ends would fit, only tried one side, did not disconnect the track bar. and center of the axle thank you for the suggestions.

a stockish truck, doing regular truck things, can run the WJ arms without incident. :L:    yes, it could contact when offroading in twisty trails and limit your droop.  Don ran them for years just fine. :D  I trimmed mine out of curiosity rather than need. 

I change control arms on the ground at ride height, no jacks involved, if you’re only dealing with stock length. I’m also running WJ arms and they went in just fine, after trimming the internal bush sleeves of course. The WJ arms are good for ride comfort as well as tire clearance.
If you’re planning on ever lifting much beyond 2” though you’ll want something longer than stock length. Good suggestions above.

1 minute ago, Pete M said:

that's not at ride height.  that's at full droop and the bolt isn't in yet. 

thats what mine looked like jacked up and off of the stands. but no matter how much i tried the bolt will not line up

I don't remember much of it any more, but going through my photos it appears I used a bottle jack to force the axle into position. :dunno:  it might have been less of an issue if I had the coil compressed a bit so the axle rotated just a hair.

188820664.jpg

I used a broken leaf spring and a jack and jammed the leaf in a spot where it wouldn’t come loose but would help angle the axle back towards the cab with the jack. That’s usually how I get my control arms to go back and line up correctly. The passenger side is trickier to do that too.