junkyard scores

Pete M

stopped by a couple junkyards on my way to pick up that bed and scored a WJ t-case skid and hooks, plus ZJ 1" OME coils, rear ZJ Blistein shocks (likely an XJ guy snagged the fronts), a JKS adj trackbar, gask tank skid, and fancy swaybar links.  I also grabbed the WJ gastank skid before realizing that they ALL came with it (that first yard only had the one fully loaded WJ so I kinda made an assumption it was part of the skidplate group).  lol.  maybe I can still sell it to a northerner with a rusty one.  :dunno: 

20201210_115554.jpg

20201210_115449.jpg

I mean, yes?  I've only had access to the southern yards for the last decade and they are super nice.  super duper nice.  but finding a lifted ZJ is something that could happen up north too. :L:   some days you get lucky :D 

8 minutes ago, Pete M said:

I mean, yes?  I've only had access to the southern yards for the last decade and they are super nice.  super duper nice.  but finding a lifted ZJ is something that could happen up north too. :L:   some days you get lucky :D 

I know. I just hate rust. And I'm allergic to the cold (yep, that's a thing).

Just now, 89 MJ said:

I know. I just hate rust. And I'm allergic to the cold (yep, that's a thing).

I can sympathize. :(  I suffer from Raynauld's disease and my grandma had a condition that caused her entire body to tense up and shut down if she got too cold.  but I also suffer with hyperhidrosis and I easily burn under the sun so the south doesn't suit me very well either.  :doh:

Just now, Pete M said:

I can sympathize. :(  I suffer from Raynauld's disease and my grandma had a condition that caused her entire body to tense up and shut down if she got too cold.  but I also suffer with hyperhidrosis and I easily burn under the sun so the south doesn't suit me very well either.  :doh:

Oof, that sounds miserable.

it can be, but it's not so bad when I think of all the peoples' lives out there that are far worse.  My body's plethora of foibles is merely quite irritating/annoying (although the cfs can be crippling some days).  I still have all my fingers/limbs/eyes and I can walk and talk, so I can't complain too much.  as long as I can still manage to help out others with their lives, I figure my life is pretty good. :L: 

22 minutes ago, Pete M said:

it can be, but it's not so bad when I think of all the peoples' lives out there that are far worse.  My body's plethora of foibles is merely quite irritating/annoying (although the cfs can be crippling some days).  I still have all my fingers/limbs/eyes and I can walk and talk, plus I have 3 MJs, one of which is rust free, so I can't complain too much.  as long as I can still manage to help out others with their lives, I figure my life is pretty good. :L: 

That's a good way to look at it! Plus a little edit for ya. :wink:

1 hour ago, Pete M said:

I can sympathize. :(  I suffer from Raynauld's disease 

My wife was just diagnosed with Raynaud's, so far all that's affected is her middle finger, other than some anti-centromere antibodies (which were detected by the test I developed).

I have mild Raynaud's too. I think it's probably mild because my BP meds help treat it. Only my toes are affected, so I wear wool socks pretty much year round. I end up with sores on the end of them due to the lack of circulation. One of my daughters got it from me, she gets the white digits.

• 3 weeks later...

No pictures but I got some great CL deals today!

$120 WJ Lower Control arms, What looks like nearly new WJ discs, Akebono Calipers, Knuckles, Caliper brackets, and drag link

$60 XJ Front Factory Skid plate, passenger and driver seat belt latches, good condition center console lid with working latch. 

My one and only successful trip so far got me a grille, front trim for around the lights, a steering pump cap (mine was broken), and a tailgate. I was most excited about the tailgate because I was sure I wouldn't be able to find one. I didn't have many tools with me. I was shocked to get a notification that they even had a comanche. When I got down there it appeared that it had been there for a while and was pretty well picked over. Next time I returned it was gone. They haven't had one in the area since. They had some XJ's but they're all newer. 

On 12/10/2020 at 11:45 AM, Pete M said:

stopped by a couple junkyards on my way to pick up that bed and scored a WJ t-case skid and hooks, plus ZJ 1" OME coils, rear ZJ Blistein shocks (likely an XJ guy snagged the fronts), a JKS adj trackbar, gask tank skid, and fancy swaybar links.  I also grabbed the WJ gastank skid before realizing that they ALL came with it (that first yard only had the one fully loaded WJ so I kinda made an assumption it was part of the skidplate group).  lol.  maybe I can still sell it to a northerner with a rusty one.  :dunno: 

20201210_115554.jpg

20201210_115449.jpg

There's a 5.9 wj right next to my house house I'm going to get the master and brake booster off of. Any recommendations of things I should see if I can grab off of it?