All Breeds Jeep Show-Carlisle PA 2021-Possible CC Pow Wow?

89 MJ

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, ComancheKid45 said:

Would anyone be opposed to having two "cookout, chillout" locations?

I'm approx. 30 mins south of the Carlisle Fairgrounds.

hell no. i will have MJ with me as well and shes a bitvh. we like food and campfires. plan to be spending the week hanging and exploring. :comanche:

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, 87MJTIM said:

My guess is that it’s 50%+ JK/JL

Most of the vendors are selling to those owners. There’s a lot of used parts vendors selling many different model parts 

That’s kinda what I was thinking—that’s ok for my family though, because my mom has a JKU she is slowly building. 

9 hours ago, 89 MJ said:

For those of you who went to this show in 19, how many total Jeeps were there? I would assume there were a lot of JLs/JKs.

Enough that in the weekend I didn't get to see them all, but I wasn't really trying. I mostly hung out with the "other" Jeeps in the part of the fairground the MJs were given. But the newer Wranglers were a majority, no surprise there. If I'm not mistaken they were all off to one side of the fairground.

I didn't really count but there was a lot of Jeeps at the show. The place was full.

1 hour ago, Minuit said:

Enough that in the weekend I didn't get to see them all, but I wasn't really trying. I mostly hung out with the "other" Jeeps in the part of the fairground the MJs were given. But the newer Wranglers were a majority, no surprise there. If I'm not mistaken they were all off to one side of the fairground.

I didn't really count but there was a lot of Jeeps at the show. The place was full.

I’d probably hang out in the non-cool crowd (MJs, XJs, the real Jeeps). The main reason I asked was to get an idea compare to the Back to the Fifties car show (10,000+ cars). 

I only just now found this thread due to 89 posting in the pub.
I'll definitely be there again and I may even do a swap meet booth again too.
Definitely would take Kryptronic up on his offer of hangouts and sleeping quarters if any are still available!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 2/1/2021 at 8:17 AM, ComancheKid45 said:

Would anyone be opposed to having two "cookout, chillout" locations?

If you want to do the PowWow/Cookout at your place, that sounds awesome to me.  We can schedule it there.  If you're OK hosting the whole crowd for an evening, that is.  I'd rather travel and help then host this year.  But I'm willing to do whatever.  It's your call.

18 hours ago, TheDude said:

Definitely would take Kryptronic up on his offer of hangouts and sleeping quarters if any are still available!

You can stay at my place again.  No problem.  Anybody that stayed at my place in 2019 is welcome to stay again.  @Minuit will be here, if he can make it.  That's the only person I've talked to so far about it.  I guess I can count you in, too?  What about Dom?  Hoping he can make it again, too.

18 minutes ago, kryptronic said:

If you want to do the PowWow/Cookout at your place, that sounds awesome to me.  We can schedule it there.  If you're OK hosting the whole crowd for an evening, that is.  I'd rather travel and help then host this year.  But I'm willing to do whatever.  It's your call.

My wife says she's perfectly fine with us hosting as long as I get her a new grill beforehand. Deal!

I'm all for it, I have a guest room and some floor space for anyone that wants to crash for the evening. Plenty of driveway space.

We'll try and get a head count closer to the time. 

2 hours ago, ComancheKid45 said:

My wife says she's perfectly fine with us hosting as long as I get her a new grill beforehand. Deal!

I'm all for it, I have a guest room and some floor space for anyone that wants to crash for the evening. Plenty of driveway space.

We'll try and get a head count closer to the time. 

Excellent.  Thank you.  If you need any help at all, reach out.  I'm in York.

• 2 months later...

well just registered and paid for the weekend. not looking to hand over $50 a night for camping though, but very willing to put $50 towards beer and food and parking who evers place. hell it just might be for shop rental. :teehee: as i will be looking to collect the longest drive reward. :brows:

4 hours ago, MiNi Beast said:

as i will be looking to collect the longest drive reward

I’m a little farther west than you bud. But we aren’t 100% sure that we are going yet either. 

1 hour ago, 89 MJ said:

I’m a little farther west than you bud. But we aren’t 100% sure that we are going yet either. 

yeah you are, but id be driving to wi then down and around chic town and that should compile the millage.

not sure now about going eh? right on. :L:

1 hour ago, MiNi Beast said:

not sure now about going eh? right on. :L:

We are planning to go, but just not 100% sure yet as we aren’t sure what Jeeps we would have ready, except for mine. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Pete gave me an ultimatum (more like a threat), so I'm considering it. It's about a 5+ hour drive for me, so definitely not a day trip. If I make it, I'll be in an XJ, not an MJ, so I'll be there mostly to meet some other folks from the CC.

Not sure yet. Much depends on how the job search goes.