On the next episode of Hoarders...

Airborne Janitor

15 minutes ago, krustyballer16 said:

I don't think youd even make top 10 with only that many...lol I have double that and I don't think I would either!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I know but I was up in my Jeep parts loft and never took a pic of all the lights I got. Honestly only 1 set out of that I would rate as excellent, the rest have broken corners, tabs, etc. 

1 minute ago, JMO413 said:

Off a dealers shelf. There are still a few out there. The freight is the major killer.

Well duh. I know there's 9 left. One dealer never changed their count to zero after they sent the nuts off to a vintage parts like company. Ah I see where you got them from. No wonder I thought there was 8 missing from the list. But having such coveted nut is worth it. Perhaps 3D print if folks don't want to go the nut and bolt route.

3 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

Well duh. I know there's 9 left. One dealer never changed their count to zero after they sent the nuts off to a vintage parts like company. Ah I see where you got them from. No wonder I thought there was 8 missing from the list. But having such coveted nut is worth it. Perhaps 3D print if folks don't want to go the nut and bolt route.

I think I've posted this story before, but here goes:  I used to own a 1989 Jeep XJ Wagoneer, black with the woodgrain and four headlights.  It started stalling, and I ended up taking it to the dealer.  Of course it turned out to be the CPS, which they replaced, also found a broken driver side motor mount, replaced, charge $100 total , which I was pretty happy with.  Paid, walked outside, and thought, let me just take a look... and the renix relay cover and nuts were missing.  Went back inside and raised holy hell with the manager, who walked into the mechanic bay.  I watched through the window as he spoke to the mechanic, who walked over to the TRASH CAN and pulled out my parts.  Last time I took a car to the dealer, 1998.

1 minute ago, schardein said:

I think I've posted this story before, but here goes:  I used to own a 1989 Jeep XJ Wagoneer, black with the woodgrain and four headlights.  It started stalling, and I ended up taking it to the dealer.  Of course it turned out to be the CPS, which they replaced, also found a broken driver side motor mount, replaced, charge $100 total , which I was pretty happy with.  Paid, walked outside, and thought, let me just take a look... and the renix relay cover and nuts were missing.  Went back inside and raised holy hell with the manager, who walked into the mechanic bay.  I watched through the window as he spoke to the mechanic, who walked over to the TRASH CAN and pulled out my parts.  Last time I took a car to the dealer, 1998.

Wow. I have no other words but I'm glad you went back and raised hell as I'm sure I would have. But for $100 is a good deal for that in its time. I don't even trust my own work with my truck except tires and AC. 

2 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

Wow. I have no other words but I'm glad you went back and raised hell as I'm sure I would have. But for $100 is a good deal for that in its time. I don't even trust my own work with my truck except tires and AC. 

What made it worse (to me), was when I bought the XJ used, it was missing that cover & clips, and a few other items (notably, the chrome trim that says "Wagoneer" on the rear hatch over the license plate), which over time I sourced from junkyards.  They were a little easier to find back then, but I was still pretty angry because I'd went through the effort to replace them.  I probably still have that receipt somewhere (I keep everything haha, like the title of this thread), I should look for it and see if my memory is right.

11 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

I had j nuts and bolts in mine before I bought clips. I actually may end up with something like that again. But if not I know I will break one or two somehow.