xj hotrod

akamcbird

can i say modern day rat rod chop the top and call it good jamminz.gif

I'm with you man.

Jeeping is all about innovation. Not being a pansyboy stock-hugger. (well unless you have a rare-ish Jeep)

Chop the top, dice up some fenders and maybe chop'n'channel the front clip so it fits between the wheels. It'd be pretty kickass.

why oh why?

If you have to ask why, then you probably don't realize just how long the winters are up there. :D

:rofl: haha,

i think it looks pretty decent, definately different, i hope he's running a 350 with straight pipes and a front bench seat with custom dash or something

that would make it a true hot-rod just like they used to do it... only other thing would be to lower the roof down 3-4 inches and make the front windshield real short

why oh why?

If you have to ask why, then you probably don't realize just how long the winters are up there. :D

:rofl: haha,

i think it looks pretty decent, definately different, i hope he's running a 350 with straight pipes and a front bench seat with custom dash or something

that would make it a true hot-rod just like they used to do it... only other thing would be to lower the roof down 3-4 inches and make the front windshield real short

x2 ..... Except lose the Chevy motor, just say no to Chevy swaps... Use something more interesting. Say, a 401!

Heck with the longarms and all, how's he expect anyone to find a set of fenders and a hood to fit that thing?

Chop a potion of an MJ bed and weld it to the fenders, same body lines. Far as the hood, I'd take two hoods, cut them so the distance would be the same for both, hinge it in the middle. :brows:

longarm??? i would be more inclined to believe it is a tortioned ifs from a s10 or something ill see if i can go look today

the winter is long but 4wd lets one leave the garage, you think i only wheel 3 months out of the year? $#!t i prefer the snow and ice to rocks and mud

thats if your lucky enugh to have a garage last year was my first and the door is still open 1/2 the time I'm in it

Heck with the longarms and all, how's he expect anyone to find a set of fenders and a hood to fit that thing?

Chop a potion of an MJ bed and weld it to the fenders, same body lines. Far as the hood, I'd take two hoods, cut them so the distance would be the same for both, hinge it in the middle. :brows:

I like that thinking; and it would come out looking decent too.

x2 ..... Except lose the Chevy motor, just say no to Chevy swaps... Use something more interesting. Say, a 401!

hey! I have a chevy motor...well, buick but still! it was in a chevy...

hey! i didn't say that! lol, chevy swaps are the best bang for the buck, but you gotta admit a amc 401 IS a more interesting choice.

Freerok that is the motor i want for my MJ i would love to have found one to throw in. Those are little monsters and they can take whatever you throw at them in the ways of power. If you could when you do the project let me know where you post the write up so i can take a look.

Cole

haha i kinda think it looks interesting.

but i would personally do a tj with a brute rear cab closeout. a custom frame and a custom cj grill. make it look like a old modifed roadster but with legroom.

kinda like this but with jeepish proportions :brows:

0611_rc_01_z+27_t_roadster_pickup_+.jpg

DSC_3934_d.jpg

here is a pic, but imagine it slamed to the ground. mustand II ifs, no rollbar. some bomber seats. no rear bed just a keg fuel cell. fenderless in the front chopped down windsheild. sitting on a custom frame. no hood, or a narrowed custom one to the narrowed tj or cj grill with a 5.7 hemi in between the frame rails, or a classic chrysler 392 hemi.

and then you still have the option to run doorless jamminz.gif

If you're talking about 1/4 mile times.

I had it all f'ing hooked up and didn't think about if it was seized cause I was told it was good. Twisted on the eccentric shaft pulley randomly one day and cursed.

Bought an '88 RX-7 for the motor (fuel-injected too), but don't have the heart to ruin such a beautiful car by stripping it of its motor.

Now I'm putting a stupid 350 in it.

Is that a 4.0 in the Jeep?