Tinted Windows

Drahcir495

I am going to the pick n pull tomorrow to get some 2 door side windows with the vent windows. They are tinted so it has me thinking should I keep the tint?? I keep going back and forth on if I should tint my windows or leave them without it? Being tinted would help keep it cool but I kinda like the look it has now. What do you all think? 
No tint ->
9AF740A6-6E3A-48D9-BB9D-0CEE5A357351.jpeg.57c3398f2dd7d4ab393ef06c82825f54.jpeg

With tint->
A81B9DC2-EAA6-4BD3-BD8C-13CD6CECAFEF.jpeg.2cab6077f967baf7ef1e341b481b7c5b.jpeg

I need help in making a decision. Thanks

Tint it.  I finally tinted my old XJ (white 2dr like yours) and wished I had done it earlier.  I didn't go too dark but it made a huge difference not only with the heat in the summer but headlights from the rear at night were much more tolerable.  From the outside it looked a ton better as well.  Wish I would have gone darker actually.  

Privacy is nice as well.  Just make sure to follow the tint laws in your state.  

Mine was not tinted originally so I bought a cheapo precut kit on eBay.  Had it on for a few years before I sold it and it didn't fade or peal at all.  The quality has gone up in them and they don't turn purple like they used to *my experience* and if you apply it carefully it shouldn't peal.  Have someone assist you and use baby shampoo mixed with water to apply it.

When I bought my 91 XJ, the first thing I did was remove the *faded to purple* tint that was on every window except the windshield.  It was a PITA to get it off the rear window without screwing up the defroster grid.  Later on, I got some factory tinted windows for the back doors and side cargo area windows from a junkyard XJ.  Changing out the glass was a much bigger project than applying film tint, but totally worth it to me.

21 hours ago, schardein said:

the first thing I did was remove the *faded to purple* tint

^This prompted me to get my doors tinted right after I got AC installed. It is hell of a difference in a state where the sun shines more than the moon. 

Tint is worth it for all the protection and heat reduction it offers.

12 minutes ago, 87MJTIM said:

I cannot speak for all states, but the Peoples' Democratic Republic of Maryland has rules/restrictions on how dark tinting is allowed.

Southern states have different rules.  Just saying...

Connecticut has similar limits, but they only apply to the front doors. That's why factory tint is lighter on the front door glass than on rear doors and cargo area and hatch glass.

30 minutes ago, Eagle said:

Connecticut has similar limits, but they only apply to the front doors. That's why factory tint is lighter on the front door glass than on rear doors and cargo area and hatch glass.

That's pretty standard in every state.  Something like 35% tint or so on the front side windows.  Nothing below the AS1 line on the front windshield.  Back windows can be as dark as you want.

NH has similar restrictions for front glass, but there's a way around it.  A doctor's note and the proper state paperwork.

You have to have a diagnosis for light sensitivity (photophobia) and have a licensed MD complete the application.   

Seems to be an epidemic in NH and MA.  Every other tuner, BMW, Mercedes has limo tint front to back.   

I'll admit it looks cool, but I think it's a safety issue if you can't see other drivers.