• 2 months later...
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

its spacers in the front and an add-a-leaf in the back.

the bumper came on the truck, its not even connected to the frame. google cherokee or comanche push bar, that should get you what you want

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

so i picked the truck up from my grandfathers neighbor today and wow, it runs so much better :D :D :D it dosent idle to well so i will be putting new injectors in hopefully that should help. what is the site that has the good price? oh and no pics yet its dark, plus nothing special just not soaked in oil!!!! :banana:

\

• 2 weeks later...

so i finished my lift up last night :D i got there around 8:30 three of my friends showed up about an hour to later and we worked alllll day. me and one friend worked on the front the other two on the back. its a 4.5 superflex kit from RE and i love it. we used the xj aal and it got the back about level. we had no major problems just used lots of PB hammering and pry bars. the pics are bad i know we just rolled it out to test the breaks. the new suspension is a night and day difference between the old rigged "lifted" crap i was dealing with.

cam is dead and i forgot the charger :wall: so good pics are coming

Make sure you get an alignment done, or at least grab a tape measure and get toe in as close to zero as you can get it. That much lift will give you a lot of toe in (2" in my case) and cause *SEVERE* death wobble at speeds as low as 35 or 40 mph. Severe enough to fubar the bearings in my alternator.

Very nice!! :D

Definitely need an alignment. You will be surprised at how fast you will destroy tires with only minor alignment issues. I completely destroyed a pair of 35" Xterrains in two months because the caster was off by 2 degrees on our YJ...and it only gets about 600 - 700 miles a month if that.

• 3 months later...

Lookin good, yeah I did a close type of fix for my oil issue, but I've got a antifreeze bottle on the other side...but hey there's no more oil all over the place.

BTW: you still got that old lift setup layin around? hehehe, I'm lookin for something cheap just to get it alittle higher, I tried some little coil spacers...yeah that worked for like a day, oh well. Anyways I was just curious b/c I'm not that far from S.C. figured maybe make a road trip and buy ya lunch :brows:

-Cody

yeah I'm right of 77 jamminz.gif spacers i had are sold. sorry. but whenever you need help id be up to wrenching on a fellow CC members rig :thumbsup:

oh yeah my oil leaks are gone..... so is that old engine :brows:

• 1 month later...

would have pics up can't findcord. but today i mounted and wired my cb, with a temp antenna untill i figure out what i want to run. i also put in a new Head unit. ran all new wires for it. old harness sucked. also ran wires to back corners of the cab where i will have 2 6.5in sony speakers. found the cord.....

any ideas of how to mount in the corners?

antenna for now