88 Manche -Bumper Fab. Page8

did a full tune up as well as pulled the TB off and cleaned it. I also cleaned the IAC has its power and pep back. The TB really had a lot of buildup and crap in it. the truck also idle alot better now, not perfect but better! I also washed it! haha

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

its been a year and a half since I updated this thread. Nothing has happened since. The truck has been parked and neglected. Everyone tell my I need to sell it but I can't even thing about that Idea. In the next few weeks I will be moving and will be able to keep it at my house.(and indoors) So I plan on hopping in and driving it randomly... Last I went and started it, it had a very High idle. I need to mess with the sensors on the TB. I also plan on finishing the winch bumper when I get situated in my shop.... Looking at the pictures of when I got it make me wish I could go back... The old paint job is starting to show its age,( I think it was a macco job)

• 8 years later...

Talk about a trip down memory lane! I started this thread as a freshman in hs

I have been itching to get my truck back on the road. A short time after I last posted the ring gear in the 8.8 decided to seperate from the carrier and make some metal chunks!:banana: thankfully I was close to home. The truck has been parked since. :eek:  lots of things have changed and I think I'm ready to get back on this project. I will be changing the direction of the build.... The truck will basically become a mall crawler :peep:  lots of sentimental value in this truck. I can't see beating it up in the woods. 

My new plans include new full fenders and flares. Factory front bumper with a push bar like when I bought it. Id also like to add the factory bumpers they put in the middle. Not sure what direction I'll go on lift and tires. I'm leaning towards adding drop brackets to my current lift. 33s or 35? I need to address the brakes. Door hinge. Some electrical gremlins. As well as the body work so I can have it sprayed. New carpet inside. Higher trim door panels. (Mine don't have speakers) and id like to add a bench seat. 

I hope to pull it out of storage and see if it will even run soon! I am building a shop at my house and should be done soon. When it is. It will be yhe first thing I bring over... And for the first time ever my truck will be parked where I live!

• 2 weeks later...

Went and looked at the truck for the first time in a while. Ive got my work cut out. :brickwall:

I was planning on throwing a jy 8.8 in and drive it some. After lookin at it today I just want to start taking it apart and fixing it up. Hopefully that starts soon. My shop should be up in a few weeks. 

Message_1647284590548.jpg

Message_1647284611511.jpg

Message_1647285687055.jpg

• 10 months later...

Almost a year later. And the truck hasn't moved. 

Once i have the grading done arpund my shop I'll bring it home. 

I did pick up a set of fenders with flares and liners.  Chrome Front bumper. Chrome grille amd header panel Doors and door panels from another member here!

So thats a start!