88 Manche -Bumper Fab. Page8

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 months later...

Well I sold the BFGs a while back, they were pretty dry rotted and worn, but its ok i doubled my money :D now I'm picking up a set of 35 KM2s, these are pretty new, and come with a spare AT. So I think I,m at a point where I'm ready to step up to long arms, with the shorties my tires are pulled back to far(no adjustment) and i really need them forward to clear the tires more. What suggestions as far as a long arm kit?

As for the electrical problems my starter was pulling waaaay to much juice, so that problem fixed. I have yet to mount an elec. fan, but will soon. And I'm thinking about going ahead and doing the brake booster swap. Hopefully all this will make the truck more driveable, (AC would be nice too)

My jeep needs some love :help:

• 4 weeks later...

I had my Km2s mounted to my black rims, i think I'm going to put the ltbs on the chrome rims and just keep them around for the time being. I still need to find another rim to mount the AT to. I also picked up a tube bender this week so that should do the trick in filling that big empty spot in front of the truck. I'm also looking at doing a Rock Krawler Long arm kit

• 3 weeks later...

well my friend got the cj stuck in the pond, so i pulled him out, ill try and get the video. then i had to give it a try. drove through the water pretty good... had it half way up my door at one point, then i got her stuck in the muck

• 4 months later...

installed an electric fan tonight, I will continue to report on how that works. I have it wired into the cab and controlled via a toggle.

I also got my tube bender up and running. I will make measurements tomorrow and order my material, should start fab next weekend.

Started the bumper this afternoon. I got my winch plate and D rind mounts put on, as well as my sides. I am going to support the plate in the middle more as well as add a few more things. But this is how she looks right now

I got the bumper finished up for the time being. I still need to add a hoop around the winch and mount the roller. as well as some bracing for the sides. But its "done" and on the truck for now

took it out to the property and broke a u joint. Oh well. :wrench:

Went to the JY in search of the larger u joints under an xj. no luck, the newest xjs were all 95. so i just grabbed one to throw in for now, I will keep searching. I also did manage to score a zj v8 tie rod. I never realized how beefier it is... after i put the shaft in there are hardly any brakes :headpop: parked it and will deal with it tomorrow.

hmm... I didnt see any xjs that year with abs. and i thought it was 96? grrrr :oops: oh well. for the most part all they had was zjs and of the few xjs most of them were 2wd. :fs1: I will find some though. Thanks for the info!

• 4 weeks later...

got the front end all buttoned up... took it back out to the property. almost got up... the back tire was dropping down into a hole. couldnt get traction. We had 2 inches of rain in the past 2 days and its a naturally wet area. The video speaks for itself though :wrench: oh and the jeep is still out there :roll:

edit: here's the vid

Dude, you got a winch on that bumper. Use it.

Or you could air your tires down to around 8-10 psi. It does wonders, even with stock tires, problem is that you need to air back up to hit the streets or drive VERY easy on the pavement until you get air. We used to wheel in places like this back in Michigan all the time, once we got off the trail the gas station was a few miles away. We usually drove straight there and aired back up.

• 1 month later...

Went out and worked on the jeep some. I fixed the wire that got caught by the cable and broke. I also spooled on my synthetic winch line. That stuff is awesome. SO much better to work with than cable. I ran some seafoam through the vacuem lines and it seemed to help some. I'm going to do a tune up and see where that puts me. When I drive the truck it seems like it has a bad exhaust leak.(sounds like its chug alugging down the road) I know i have a cracked header but maybe it broke worse when I was out wheeling. I will report my findings on that.