88 Manche -Bumper Fab. Page8

well i have been at work on the truck! no pics yet though :wall: we took the 8.8 apart and cut the perches off. got the new perches all ground and sitting right on the tubes, pulled the turd out as well as my aal. set my 8.8 in and burnt on the new perches jamminz.gif then today i went to the shop put my shafts in to bolt some tires up and set it down to see how i want to do my shocks. it sits up I'm the back(2wd work truck look) so some spacers will fix that. but i love the lift the soa gives. plenty of room for my ltbs! so tomorrow I'm going back to burn on my shock mounts and hopefully put the gears in or find someone to do it! i want this thing up and running!!!!!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

well i finally got my pics uploaded. the 4.56s in the truck are awesome. i also have some 2inch spacers that I'm putting on to level the truck as well as mj rear flares to the front. here's the pics

on the rack

regeared

out with the old.....

in with the new

new ride hight

had to get it muddy :D

• 3 months later...

my front gears are going in soon!!! yay 4wd oh how ive missed the. also put my spacers on. next is to fix my saggin(falling off) driver door as well as build my winch bumper and clean up the front fenders some more :clapping: i will get some pics of all of this happening

• 1 month later...

well yesterday and today have been productive... yesterday i cut out the fenders some more and hammered the inner pinch seam so i have a ton of tire clearance now... well a lot more than i did.

then i went to the local truck stop and got an antenna mount and spring for my fire stick

now I'm trying to recover from the stinkin heat! :ack: next is to fix 4wd lever door and winch bumper

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

found a cheap set of 35s to run on the road. bfg mud terrains. they do a lot better than the ltbs as far as driving. mounted them on the wheels that came on the truck, I'm diggin the look :D

you can also see i took my bumper off and started my winch bumper

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

well its time i update the old manche. last i messed with it was in October :( we had a local meet up so i drove it there broke a shock mount :wall: (on the road) then we did some weeling and maybe 10-20mins in my truck starts running hot so i parked it for the rest of the day. She has been sitting with a dead battery since then. Well with Spring break around the corner i figure its time to get things rolling with her again. When i come home i plan on putting some MUCH needed electric fans on to keep the temps down as well as the hood spacer mod.(looks like crap but i need all the help i can get) redoing my rear break lines as well as improving the breaks. I also plan on selling my ltbs and rims in favor of a 12.50 with an 8inch rim with some more backspacing. I will probably do some with my shotty electrical work on the truck in order to clean all that up. Wish me luck! the research starts now :wrench: pics will be up when i get off my butt and make it happen

The 35s were nice. I actually just sold them though. they had some rot in them and i wasnt too keen on swapping tires over all the time. I doubled my money on them so I'm happy. ive toyed with the idea of keeping my ltbs and swapping them over to my chrome rims, that are x8inch wheel as opposed to a 10. the 8 has a better backspace too. not sure yet