Comanche Shipping Options

Ls2xjcomanche

Just depends on who is going where. Nebraska and washington seem like there wouldnt be as many people going there so finding that one person I think would be hard.

I charged John J on here $600 to haul his MJ 3000 miles 2 years ago....

But also, I sold a 78 toyota camper truck to a guy in florida about 1000 miles away and the hauler charged him $1400. He also had 3 other vehicles and said the whole load was only $3100...so the buyer got kinda screwed there. The camper was physically the biggest vehicle on the trailer, not by much, but I know it wasnt the heaviest.

I always try to plan deliveries along or at the end of my cross country trips so you need to look for someone going that way and coming back empty

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Ls2xjcomanche said:

I purchased a comanche in Nebraska and am getting it shipped to Washington State. I’ve checked out UShip and have offers ranging from $1300-$1600. Do any of you guys know or have ideas on a less expensive option for shipping? Thanks!

Uship is a joke. All they are is a broker and charge a fortune plus when they damage things is next to impossible to hold anyone accountable. 

When I shipped my X5 from AZ to CO I used a local guy that ran a route that went form CO, NV, CA and AZ. You can post a want ad on CL and go that route. Other idea is calling to a bigger car dealer in the area and ask them if they know any that hauls vehicles. Since most of those dealers are transporting vehicles to and from auction they are bound to have some connections. They are probably going to take a cut i.e charging you $550 but the cost of shipping is $450 type deal. 

https://comancheclub.com/topic/9976-auto-transporters/?tab=comments#comment-561127

I've used www.autotransportdirect.com as a search engine and most recently, Direct Express Auto Transport.  Under $700 in under 10 days.

I would echo that UShip is a joke.   I would also caution that if you request a quote from any search engine, be prepared for a barrage of emails.

4 hours ago, NHMJXJ said:

I would also caution that if you request a quote from any search engine, be prepared for a barrage of emails.

So much this. I learned if there is someone that I absolute hate and want to spam the crap out of put their info in and let the madness ensue. 

I have experience with at least 5 different vehicles. In each case I looked into companies to ship them and got all the quotes. Then I figured up the cost to take a day or two off of work, rent a trailer, and drive it myself. Every time it was cheaper for me to go and get the vehicle than it was to have it shipped. I live in Missouri and this has been true for vehicles in western Texas, Salt Lake City Utah, and far eastern Illinois. 

Not to mention going myself lets me look at the vehicle in person before paying out (in case it is not as described by seller) and I can make sure to strap it down properly and keep the possibility of damage/ wreckage lower.

On 10/4/2019 at 1:41 PM, JustEmptyEveryPocket said:

Then I figured up the cost to take a day or two off of work, rent a trailer, and drive it myself. Every time it was cheaper for me to go and get the vehicle than it was to have it shipped.

Yeah, I spent around 700 and risked my life towing my 88 MJ from detroit to atlanta.  then the next year we paid a shipper to haul my dad's Z-28 the same route and it was 600 and change.  :doh: