Tool Talk

Jeep Driver

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Yea-working out this Battery Screwdriver from Milwaukee.

Light, but

Heavy-Duty(and the price-too).

Another battery format but these work all day-hold their charge.

Had to make room for another charger.

Saw-weeet.jpg.c30b833cf3faf568ac994c2eed1c9744.jpg

*this one came with only the short bit, shown on the box.

Overall, a good go-to.

youngfred

just ordered a bunch of little neo magnets to install in my screwdriver bit holders.  my experiments with my tiny neo magnets (that aren't quite the right size) has been very promising. :D 

I had to order 50 or them because it was just a couple bucks more than 10.  :laugh:  if this works, I'll have some extras if anyone needs a couple.  maybe I'll throw in a couple with the CC magnets.   lol 

• 2 weeks later...

Putting in new flooring in the living room yesterday and today and needed to trim jambs and door trim. I had an 18v Porter cable oscillating tool but sold it off when I switched to Dewalt. I bought a Hyper Tough (WM brand) figuring if I killed it I would take it back and get another to finish the job. Did a good job and it's still alive, not bad for $23. I rarely use this type of tool but I'll keep it around for the next job.

be3c6541-fcc1-4635-bbe3-e53fc55df31b_1.e

neodymium.  surprisingly strong. :D   but still quite affordable in the smaller sizes. I picked these up off of ebay.  I've got some quarter size ones too which are strong enough to hold to your hand if one is on top of the hand and the other in your palm.  get them big enough and they start to become dangerous if mishandled.

4 hours ago, Pete M said:

neodymium.  surprisingly strong. :D   but still quite affordable in the smaller sizes. I picked these up off of ebay.  I've got some quarter size ones too which are strong enough to hold to your hand if one is on top of the hand and the other in your palm.  get them big enough and they start to become dangerous if mishandled.

Maybe some of those are to blame for all the containers stuck in the ships in LA?  Lol

I'm making a custom bed dolly. :D  It's a work in progress because I can't yet afford to get the casters I want, but making use of the two I had as outriggers, plus putting the previous dolly in the middle has made it way easier to lug the beds around on the uneven ground. :banana:

IMG_4625.JPG

IMG_4624.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve used a piece of wire to tie a tool to my wrist on occasion, say if there was a high probably of dropping it and it’s not going to be easy getting down off the machine to retrieve it and then climbing back up again, or if I was working over some abyss or other. I don’t think it would work so well with a fastener, though.

On 11/13/2021 at 7:21 PM, Pete M said:

where has this been my whole life!!  compound cutters for the win!  :bowdown:   more cutting force means less effort to cut the normal things. 

0bedc856-c315-41da-8ddf-71ad39c2427a.jpg

IMG_20211118_182100747.jpg.c4b297c31724c7f176812a93732c104d.jpg

I love these. So much easier to cut thicker stuff.

10 minutes ago, cruiser54 said:

IMG_20211118_182207779.jpg.d9420921e3b30a8652ecb0c84a2d2c19.jpg

Agreed I'm surprised at the weight it will hold.

IMG_20211118_182306808.jpg.1dabc9b16edbd2d280f5c4d3b5152fc8.jpg

WILTEEXS Heavy-Duty Storage... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08P8NSL8T?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

IMG_20211118_182328696.jpg.269ed0c9dae75acbcd68c0e8a6617105.jpg

These are awesome!

• 2 months later...
On 9/2/2021 at 11:36 AM, mjeff87 said:

But every once in awhile one catches my eye, like yesterday for this product.  I have a couple cheezy headlamps from Lowe's I use now, and I pretty much hate them.  I will be ordering one of these this weekend:  https://www.lightbarheadlamp.com/

Dragging an old thread back to life, lol.  I totally forgot to follow up on this.  I did pick one of these up a couple months ago, and it is definitely worth the price of admission.  I've used it in the garage a few times already, and used it a couple weeks ago (when I had a covid vacation from work for a couple of weeks) to install a new kitchen sink faucet.  It works great underneath the sink to fiddle around with the supply lines and fastening devices.  I'd highly recommend them.  They make three different models (good, better, best...ish), I sprung for the middle ground one, which is PLENTY bright enough for the stuff I do.  If I had only one tiny criticism about it, that would be the clunky battery box on the backside of the headband (they use 2-AAA batteries, not included).  It's completely functional, but I think they could have integrated the battery area(s) into the headband a little "cleaner" than that box.  It's more an aesthetic thing than anything to me, I guess.  Maybe the 2.0 versions they'll eventually come out with will be different.  Still wouldn't stop me from buying one again, or recommending one to anyone.

20220212_085611.jpg

20220212_085620.jpg

I have a similar one and there is no glare. It’s seems like it’s a softer light than your typical head lamp.

lf you have to focus on something l like the spot style better but if you’re just working in general area and don’t need to focus on any one thing it works good.