oddball things you're looking for in the junkyards

Pete M

trying out an idea to spread the word for those of us on the hunt for a rare-ish non-MJ items amongst those of us that frequent the 'yards.  :dunno:  seems like it might work out once in a while. maybe?  :peep:  I'm certainly willing to have an extra list on my phone when I hit the pullaparts :D  

stuff I'm currently looking for:

4.10 geared axles from a 4banger gas 03-06 Liberty

factory trailer harness for a 02-04 Superduty (just the rear most bit that has a like foot-long pigtail and the 7pin/4-pin connectors mounted on the bumper)

what parts are you guys hoping to locate?

s-l1600.jpg

5 hours ago, Knucklehead97 said:

I really want a 28MM sway bar and a good ZJ 12.7 ratio steering box. Both would be a pain to ship is the only bad part...

Is that 28mm sway bar out of XJ as police package? I have parts out XJ police package and i took sway bar out and compare with one of regular XJ swaybar it noticeable the different. But i have no idea how thick on police package. :dunno:

7 hours ago, Pete M said:

trying out an idea to spread the word for those of us on the hunt for a rare-ish non-MJ items amongst those of us that frequent the 'yards.  :dunno:  seems like it might work out once in a while. maybe?  :peep:  I'm certainly willing to have an extra list on my phone when I hit the pullaparts :D  

stuff I'm currently looking for:

4.10 geared axles from a 4banger gas 03-06 Liberty

factory trailer harness for a 02-04 Superduty (just the rear most bit that has a like foot-long pigtail and the 7pin/4-pin connectors mounted on the bumper)

what parts are you guys hoping to locate?

U know I post police Liberty on one of ur thread is that something special about it like police package? Idk much about liberty myself and have never see police in liberty before as i know XJ police package have some special parts like sway bar, 120mph cluster, LSD, ECU, high idle, and some other stuff but liberty? :dunno:

I'm always searching for parts.  Recently did a MO-KY-TN-NC-SC-AL-MS-AR-MO trip with stops in almost every state for parts searching.

The only downside I see, the last two parts I pulled for people, they backed out.  And that was at my actual cost plus shipping, which tells me they didn't really want the parts in the first place.  Neither were here on CC that I know of.

I'm currently searching for a TJ hood in Light Khaki Metallic (code PJC)(no rust or dents) and a Gentex 221 rear view mirror that has the compass/temp, auto dimming, and built in courtesy lights.  Possible donors are late TJ/LJ Wranglers, 2008-2010 Subarus, 1998-2002 Lincoln Continentals (none confirmed though).

5 minutes ago, MJXJjeepguy said:

Is that 28mm sway bar out of XJ as police package? I have parts out XJ police package and i took sway bar out and compare with one of regular XJ swaybar it noticeable the different. But i have no idea how thick on police package. :dunno:

I have seen three swaybars on XJs- 24mm, 26mm, and 28mm.  The 28mm were on highly optioned renix era XJs with what appeared to be factory installed trailer hitches.  I carry a cheap plastic digital caliper from Harbor Freight in my junkyard toolkit to measure them.  For me anyway, they are close enough in appearance to be tough to identify.

2 minutes ago, schardein said:

I have seen three swaybars on XJs- 24mm, 26mm, and 28mm.  The 28mm were on highly optioned renix era XJs with what appeared to be factory installed trailer hitches.  I carry a cheap plastic digital caliper from Harbor Freight in my junkyard toolkit to measure them.  For me anyway, they are close enough in appearance to be tough to identify.

Ahh i do have one at work i didnt though of that :doh: I will check it out tomorrow.

2 hours ago, MJXJjeepguy said:

U know I post police Liberty on one of ur thread is that something special about it like police package? Idk much about liberty myself and have never see police in liberty before as i know XJ police package have some special parts like sway bar, 120mph cluster, LSD, ECU, high idle, and some other stuff but liberty? :dunno:

before your photo I had never even seen a Liberty painted up as a cop car before so I've got no idea if there is anything special about it.  :dunno:

7 minutes ago, Pete M said:

before your photo I had never even seen a Liberty painted up as a cop car before so I've got no idea if there is anything special about it.  :dunno:

Just looked it up on the Google machine. Nothing special about them 

2 hours ago, schardein said:

The only downside I see, the last two parts I pulled for people, they backed out.  And that was at my actual cost plus shipping, which tells me they didn't really want the parts in the first place.  Neither were here on CC that I know of.

people suck.  that is always a risk. :( 

a TJ hood should be way easy to remember.  open top Jeeps are so freakin' rare in the 'yards that I instantly gravitate towards any I see. :D 

3 hours ago, schardein said:

The only downside I see, the last two parts I pulled for people, they backed out.  And that was at my actual cost plus shipping, which tells me they didn't really want the parts in the first place.

I think if people maybe utilized the wanted section more that wouldn’t happen. I guess it’s a risk you take grabbing parts, but at some point someone will need them. Thanks though to all of you that do grab those ‘extra’ goodies! I saw it wasn’t for people on CC, because I think the majority of us are decent people when it comes to purchasing parts from one another.

On 7/15/2019 at 10:48 PM, Pete M said:

s-l1600.jpg

Interesting part.  Planning to adapt to an MJ or replacing one on a Ford?  Do you want/need the vehicle end of the connector?

Is this post worthy of a sticky? Thinking it would be ideal for guys looking for non- Comanche items. Just so the wanted section could remain strictly MJ/XJ. The post may get a little cluttered though. Maybe another wanted/ looking for post in the classifieds? 

I need the little boot that seals the shifter into the top case of a NV4500.   I believe they're the same Dodge or GM, but my application is GM.

Some random company makes them but they don't seem to ship to me and I can't get them from the usual sources.

It's the type of thing that would fit in an envelope, so I'll ask for it...  Everything else I want isn't shipped cross border easily. :laugh:

boot.jpg

I have buddy of mine who own XK Commander and he surely love his jeep, we went junkyard together the other day he score both side rear nice fender flare that were off higher trim like limited but unfortunately the front fender flare no longer any good it was damaged from accident so we took the rear fender flare also he wanted the 2" hitch and we got it but didnt have the bumper when we found the hitch so what is missing is hitch bezel plastic thing that go around the bumper hitch that make thing look nice so he needed that also if anyone see or have commander parts out i will like to get for him as birthday present? Or just because? Here the picture to show the idea, thanks hope u guys can help me out.:L:

Hitch bezel

Screenshot_2019-07-19-20-20-43.png.c18ab73ffd653dcb3fb1bab6b7fa3725.pngScreenshot_2019-07-19-20-20-31.png.7feeca966ef704e34ad4250684d35cc9.png

Front both side fender flare hope it light silver if possible but different color that ok, we got for rear it black but we plan get it paint silver to match his commander.

31005b6c84560142647df89f9727bd98.jpg.07b5561f0006af67db42c91c25855c6d.jpg

I need:

1. A transfer case shift gate for an NP-242 (Select-Trac) shifter, to fit a Renix-era XJ (and MJ)
  2.  The overhead light module for a 2000 XJ Sport withOUT the full-length overhead console

6 hours ago, Eagle said:

I need:

1. A transfer case shift gate for an NP-242 (Select-Trac) shifter, to fit a Renix-era XJ (and MJ)
  2.  The overhead light module for a 2000 XJ Sport withOUT the full-length overhead console

I might have the XJ parts. Is it the same for a 97?

9 hours ago, Sir Sam said:

Pete, 3 6 speed KJs came through the junkyards recent, 1 5 speed, 2 diesels, 1 05 4 banger with 4.10s. And other stuff.

how the heck does colorado get all the good stuff?  :(