It's not a gladiator but . . . .

ftpiercecracker1

12 hours ago, Jeep Driver said:

Yeah, I watched that earlier, he does good reviews. 

Nope, ain't gonna grow on me. 

Loaded with gimmicks.

Ya, i find the gimmicks and "Easter eggs" really juvenile.

However i really liked the things like the included tool kit, bolt holder and offroad cruise control.

The bed is nice and low, easy to work out of with no fluff/plastic. But it does really annoy me that they qualify it's usefulness by saying how "it will fit most dirtbikes" like that's all a pickup is good for :rolleyes:.

Just the phrase "lifestyle vehicle" makes me want to puke. 

I like its overall concept, but they hammed it up with widgets and Easter eggs, they are charging to much for it, and they called it a gladiator.

With all that said I could see myself buying one if I had they money. Sooo :dunno:

Seems like it's about half useful things and half stupid crap for the Instagram demographic. Inverter in the bed is kinda neat (hardly unique), but I've never wished my vehicle came with a Bluetooth speaker. The less IoT devices in my life, the better. The tonneau cover is cool, but I wonder how long it'll take for it to spring a leak. Of course, the silly extras are just a distraction. Guess we'll see how these things hold up in a few years.

I probably do about as much real trucking as the "lifestyle vehicle" crowd and the 6ft bed of my trucks feels restrictive pretty often. I think a 5ft bed would just piss me off more than anything else. I don't see myself ever owning a truck with a bed shorter than 6 feet.

IMO.... I think they should made jeep in too alike J10 or J20 to bring old model back! It kinda bored to see a other "wrangler" model around here and now how many did u see JK JL everyday? Now come on, we will see JT on road any really soon and we will said aww it wrangler, bored!!!  Again IMO! 

1 hour ago, ftpiercecracker1 said:

Why would they not make this?

Beacuse the standard cab pickup market is dead. Those of us who have good taste and want a real truck are few and far between in the manufacturers eyes. AKA not worth it. If you notice all the trucks driving around that aren't work trucks are crew cab with a cute little 5' bed. They build what sells is the problem. 

2 hours ago, ftpiercecracker1 said:

Why would they not make this?

You really want an answer to that question?

It cannot be just me, have you noticed that everything you eat is bland, tasteless, lacking?

Milktoast, our entire society, the majority of the western world, has become bland. Most women are not feminine and most men are not masculine. A homogeneous pile of S---!

So, Jeep gave you their glorious version of nutlessness. A feedbag of mass appeal. 

Tasteless, unimaginative, boring, dull. 

Enjoy. 

So far I'm not all that optimistic about that two-door. Yes the six foot bed is a step in the right direction, but the fact it's sitting on a JLU wheelbase tells me in this iteration it's not going to be much more than a JK8-style package and likely won't get much payload or towing capacity. 

On the other hand it could be testing the waters to see if further development on the JT platform is worthwhile. Or someone at Jeep is playing a cruel joke on some of us, teasing us knowing they'll never put it together. 

In my fantasy world:

Jeep took the Dodge Power Wagon platform and restyled it as the new Jeep Gladiator.  Jeep is back in the full size truck game with real off road capability.

Jeep offers a mid sized pickup option similar to what they are actually doing now, based on the current wrangler platform and with 2 and 4 door models.

Jeep offers a completely different model of Wrangler that is smaller and more utilitarian.  Similar to the old CJ5, or the Roxor.  It could use a 4 cylinder with turbo option and because it's smaller, it could appeal to the gas mileage crowd and be a blast off road.  This is what I thought was happening when I first heard about the Renegade, before I found out it was a car.

I wouldn't buy any of them, or at least certainly not new off the floor.  But I would enjoy seeing the variety of models, like Jeep had in the 1950s-60s-70s.  And after they were a few years old, a couple might end up as projects in my garage.

Also, in the 50s and 60s, so many people were doing V6 and V8 swaps, that in 1966 Jeep bought the Buck V6 from GM and offered it from the factory.  With so many people doing LS V8 swaps in Wranglers, when is Jeep going to wake up and offer a factory V8 option?

• 4 months later...