Bucket List

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/21/2020 at 11:31 AM, 89 MJ said:

Why do you not have the hood painted like the rest of the body, out of curiosity? Is it because of the weight of the bedliner paint?

no reason, it was like that when I bought it. Just haven’t painted the hood.

The new year brings new projects. I received a set of 37x14.5 Toyos and will be installing them next week. I’m welding the drop bracket to my track bar. Experienced death wobble a few times and thought it was fixed but it wasn’t. Finally figured out the drop bracket was the culprit. Will be adding a stainless exhaust and 4 or 12 hole injectors as well. Hope to be complete with my mods by February. We’re supposed to be going to Moab this year but not certain Covid hasn’t put a hamper on it.

7DFF6E74-D65A-4F91-877C-F432FD4CA971.jpeg

On 1/3/2021 at 12:28 AM, MiNi Beast said:

I'm having simular issues with my track bar bracket. are you welding it to the frame then? i thought about this and was considering the options. 

If you are using the drop bracket, go ahead and weld it. It appears that the factory bolts have too much leverage against them once the drop bracket is mounted. After my Windrock trip, I had my brother watch the bracket when I would turn. The bracket would move, even with me tightening the bolts as tight as I could.

On 1/13/2021 at 10:14 PM, 89 MJ said:

If the flares are easily removed, aren’t you worried about someone stealing them?

I’m not worried, it will be mounted the same way as now just less bolts holding it together. Someone could steal them now if they wanted.

On 1/13/2021 at 10:43 PM, MercManche said:

What size pipe is that? 2.5"? I would like to do a 3" straight back with V-bands like in my YJ.

It’s 2.5”, I like the vbands, will be easy to remove. How does 3” do on your YJ?

10 hours ago, Fryedaddy said:

It’s 2.5”, I like the vbands, will be easy to remove. How does 3” do on your YJ?

Gotcha, it sounds amazing and lets the engine breathe so much better. Also turbo back is great. I was wondering because I would love to do the same on my comanche. 

5 hours ago, MercManche said:

Gotcha, it sounds amazing and lets the engine breathe so much better. Also turbo back is great. I was wondering because I would love to do the same on my comanche. 

Hate to say it but Amazon has good pricing on stainless exhaust tubing