Bucket List

On 7/4/2019 at 6:40 PM, Pete M said:

those 97+ mirrors on the other hand, they are so big as to be actually useful. :D  

Just realized they were the newer mirrors. The P.O. must have replaced them? I'm debating on going 97? doors but not sure because I'll be wheeling it and damage the doors at some point.

I've drove it on a 5hr round trip so far, ran great. I am noticing a slip when its warming up. If I crank it and put in reverse fairly quickly it will start reversing then slip after 20' then catch and go great from there. I'll be looking at the trans shortly.

My Moab trip will have to be postponed one year now. I've decided to spend additional time with my kiddos instead of working on the MJ. I should start back in winter but don't think I'll have enough test runs for Moab in 2020. May not have the axles installed till summer of next year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/12/2019 at 3:14 PM, Swampy said:

I have been gone from the forums for a while and man I missed looking at this mj. I can't wait to go to moab. I'll make it to mj takeover one day

I'll make sure to get up with you when I'm ready. I'm planning on putting in some work this winter but i’ll have to test it next year. Doubtful i'll be ready in 2020 for Moab ;(

• 3 weeks later...

It been torn apart for a few weeks now. I was having issues with the wipers and traced it down to a wire. Replaced the oil pan, oil pan gasket, flushed the tranny, changed the tranny filter. Installed Mean Lemons bored throttle body and installed his battery cables. Getting ready to crank it  tomorrow. Have to fix the horn and she’ll be on the road again. I’ll be ready for Windrock next weekend.

9EDE1F81-3193-4EDB-8B83-8D113C09269B.jpeg

93FBFF38-8BD8-47DB-AE75-34EDE1722481.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Haven’t been working on the MJ lately but I’ve upgraded the wiring with one of mean lemons kits. Also bought a bored throttle body from him as well. These were installed before the Windrock trip. Love how smooth the response is since installing the throttle body. I recommend him to anyone looking for these parts. I’m removing the leaf springs to install the 8.8 this winter. Hopefully it will be installed ina month? I’m buying Eaton elocker and 4.88 gearing. I’ll start on the front next year.

FE413D48-DAD1-4CC9-B520-49A050CA28E5.jpeg

751079F3-8B74-44A1-8E81-50958924D519.jpeg

2B4EEBB5-02CB-423F-A360-871325614C13.jpeg

EE7359DF-B1CD-4EB0-A073-4EBB03EBA1A5.jpeg