Bucket List

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/6/2020 at 12:48 PM, Fryedaddy said:

Thank you! It’s been a work in progress. Honestly, spent a lot of time by myself working on it. Helped me heal quite a bit from the loss of my wife.

Sorry for your loss, mate. I have know idea what that is like. I’ve been thru some rough stuff and looking back, I can’t really remember what exactly I learned from going to counseling but I sure can tell you what I’ve learned flipping 2 homes and the satisfaction of accomplishing something I wasn’t sure I could. Cheers and all the best to you.

• 1 month later...
On 2/15/2020 at 11:05 PM, Fryedaddy said:

@Swampy sounds like Moab 2021 is coming together. May have 3-4 Jeeps....I’m the only Comanche but they are all cool peeps. Planning May at this point. still working on your manche? 

can't believe I am just seeing this now. But yes i am still working on my jeep. tracking down a computer for my 2.5. The good thing is I may be moving to Utah or Wyoming for school in 2021 so I will be closer to Moab then I will be from Florida.

Also like how your exhaust comes through the bed, I'm thinking of doing the same, also looking for taillight boxes

15 hours ago, Swampy said:

can't believe I am just seeing this now. But yes i am still working on my jeep. tracking down a computer for my 2.5. The good thing is I may be moving to Utah or Wyoming for school in 2021 so I will be closer to Moab then I will be from Florida.

Also like how your exhaust comes through the bed, I'm thinking of doing the same, also looking for taillight boxes

Thank you, the exhaust to protected by my sliders. I bought a set of Rusty's taillights, they don't fit very well but my rig will be a trail rig with a little road driving.

3 hours ago, Fryedaddy said:

Thank you, the exhaust to protected by my sliders. I bought a set of Rusty's taillights, they don't fit very well but my rig will be a trail rig with a little road driving.

My jeep will probably end up the same with some road driving as well. 

But looking forward to 2021 hopefully the mj's will be in action by then

• 2 weeks later...

Worked on several small Projects over the weekend. Added an air tank , welded up my draglink, ran breather lines from the rear axles, hooked up the front driveshaft, 

Due to the Dana 44 front and ford 8.8 rear axles having disk brakes, I swapped the master cylinder and booster for a dodge 2500 unit .  The only mod required is a 1/4” spacer, drill the rods hole larger and grind a flat spot in the rod. The original and 95/96 master and boosters didn’t push enough fluid. Hoping it’s road worthy in a few weeks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Will be going to hurricane creek next weekend. Can’t tell you how excited I am, being able to drive the Manche again and that she’s almost complete. Will be working on small items like rock lights but other than that I’m ready to wheel.

On 9/19/2020 at 9:30 PM, Swampy said:

That air tank location is pretty slick. I like it. Will you be running air connection to the rear bumper or bed?

Hoping to make Moab late spring of next year. I’ll let you know quite some time before we go. I have air compressor in my cab and will run air to front and rear. 

• 2 months later...

It’s been awhile.....had Covid in October, put me behind. We ended up going to Windrock thanksgiving weekend. Had a bit of death wobble on the way home. The trackbar came loose 😳. I should have the trackbar welded after the New Year. Getting ready to work on the exhaust and hopefully fitting some 37” tires on it soon.

AE4C619F-7F18-4C01-A5B9-87742F3958BC.jpeg

58AEBB61-E0BB-403F-AFAB-B7ED6736D241.jpeg

4155EF9F-91E8-411B-BA24-FFE7486E4149.jpeg

AF19AF2F-A8F9-4E7E-A258-D662C233AD80.jpeg

2FF00692-F290-44EF-A024-194488E86443.jpeg

69515A37-6140-449F-B3C1-CE16A0B7001E.jpeg

4E6B9C56-5265-42BC-83CC-1CC187F570B7.jpeg