Naming your truck

DDJeep89

22 minutes ago, Skorpyo said:

This got me thinking. I've decided to name the MJ 'Belle' after Belle Starr, an old west thief whose husband was a Cherokee. I figure its fitting since she's robbed me blind and is related to a Cherokee...

I'm thinking maybe 'Wilma' for the XJ after Wilma Mankiller, a Principal Chief of the Cherokee Nation. Also fitting since my jeep tried to kill me and my buddy by rolling over us during a repair...

There’s also Nelly Belle, arguably the most widely known Jeep ever. 

11 hours ago, carnuck said:

There’s also Nelly Belle, arguably the most widely known Jeep ever. 

that's what my parents named their '48 packard --- heheheheheheee 

NELLYBELLE 
One of the most memorable characters on the Roy Rogers TV show that ran from 1951 through 1957 was neither Roy, Dale, Trigger, Buttermilk or even Bullet - or for that matter even made of flesh and blood. It was a TV icon manufactured from good old American steel and named Nellybelle, a 1946 Willys CJ-2A Jeep with some very innovative bodywork. It was in fact owned by Roy, but was driven in the show by his comic sidekick, Pat Brady (1914-1972). Brady met Rogers while appearing as a bass guitarist in California in 1935, striking up a friendship with the young country & western singer who was a member of the popular group, The Sons of the Pioneers. When Len Slye was elevated to screen stardom as Roy Rogers, he recommended Brady as his replacement. However, as Bob Nolan, an original member of The Sons, was referred to as Bob, "Bob Brady" became "Pat Brady" joining the legendary singing group and appearing in a dozen films between 1938-51, includingWest of Cheyenne (1938), Man from Sundown (1939), The Durango Kid (1940), Song of Texas (1943), Bells of Coronado (1950), andSouth of Caliente (1951).

On TV, Pat Brady drove around Mineral City, the setting of the series, sweet talking to Nellybelle as if his verbal compliments could convince the recalcitrant jeep to get up and go. The name, which was painted on her doors in most episodes, apparently developed out of Pat riding an ornery mule in the earlier movies, and addressing it with phrases like "Whoa, Nelly!"

Roy Rogers chose to include a Jeep into the program because he noticed that after WWII, Jeeps were very popular, especially with children. Rogers himself owned a Jeep which he used for hunting, off road cruising and travel to and from his studio.

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 9:38 AM, Skorpyo said:

^^^ This one is my favorite so far

Thanks haha its was funny when it happened and now I can't see me naming the truck anything else. BTW this is the picture I found

tzVpNcvl.jpg

3 hours ago, Swampy said:

Thanks haha its was funny when it happened and now I can't see me naming the truck anything else. BTW this is the picture I found

tzVpNcvl.jpg

She's probably a thirty-something year old mother of six by now...  :D

She's probably a thirty-something year old mother of six by now... 
i edited it down ans did a reverse image search but it didn't turn up. It was a shot in the dark but it would've been pretty cool if there was a hit from that on Facebook or similar and found the real Wendy....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

My MJ naming convention isn't very creative.

Rusty - The 1992 that, ironically, isn't rusty

The Comanche - The rusty 1986

901 - The 1991 soon to become race truck

My 2003 Rubicon is...Ruby.

Had a 1990 YJ I called Christine, from Stephen King's book.

1986 MJ - "The Diesel" because of obvious reasons.

1987 MJ - "The Farmer" because the guy I got it from bought it from a melon farmer. The melon dropped off.

My 2012 WK2 gained a nickname stemming from my cousin's Grand Caravan, which has limo tint all the way around, save for the windshield. I started calling it "50 Cent's Minivan" because it looked like a murdered out hood van... which turned into "50 Cent". I got the windows on my WK2 tinted, but not as dark, so he started calling mine "Ice T" because "It's dark, but not as dark as 50 Cent".

Rob

On 12/7/2017 at 11:39 PM, HOrnbrod said:

Another famous celebrity Jeep:

6091029097_64716196cf_z.jpg

Is the boy - coming or going,

muddin'???

Looks like he got all-dressed-up, to go,

stuck his front-toe in,

and said, 'enough-of-this' !!! :banana:

"NANCY !!??!! "

youngfred

I named my XJ "The little blue pill" because it was light blue, and yeah, it's a reference to Pfizer's 'wonder drug' for erectile dysfunction.  I mean, it's not exactly a great name, I think I was drunk or something.

My 88 MJ is officially Tu-Ukumah.  Named after Black Horse, a Comanche war chief.

The Gladiator is just "The Gladiator".  There isn't enough of them around to confuse people.

I call my JK either "Pumpkin" because of the colour, or "The Ghey-kay" to annoy other JK owners.

The 76 GMC plow truck is "Operation Plowshare" because the build was similarly full of poorly thought out ideas as the actual Operation Plowshare.

19 hours ago, DirtyComanche said:

I named my XJ "The little blue pill" because it was light blue, and yeah, it's a reference to Pfizer's 'wonder drug' for erectile dysfunction.  I mean, it's not exactly a great name, I think I was drunk or something.

My 88 MJ is officially Tu-Ukumah.  Named after Black Horse, a Comanche war chief.

The Gladiator is just "The Gladiator".  There isn't enough of them around to confuse people.

I call my JK either "Pumpkin" because of the colour, or "The Ghey-kay" to annoy other JK owners.

The 76 GMC plow truck is "Operation Plowshare" because the build was similarly full of poorly thought out ideas as the actual Operation Plowshare.

You're a strange troop Dirty.   :D

This is Saint Jimmy. 

eaqnyqwqjxto4sde1tml.jpg

Frequently abbreviated simply as "the Saint."

image.jpeg

I initially tossed around the idea of calling my MJ "Serenity", in a nod towards Firefly, but it just didn't really fit too well and never stuck. Never really made an effort to name any other vehicle. Saint Jimmy mostly named itself, TBH. Although the paint came after the name...

21 minutes ago, gogmorgo said:

This is Saint Jimmy. 

eaqnyqwqjxto4sde1tml.jpg

Frequently abbreviated simply as "the Saint."

image.jpeg

I initially tossed around the idea of calling my MJ "Serenity", in a nod towards Firefly, but it just didn't really fit too well and never stuck. Never really made an effort to name any other vehicle. Saint Jimmy mostly named itself, TBH. Although the paint came after the name...

Wow, someone else who knows Firefly?  I have a buddy at work who absolutely loves that show.  Obviously I had to try myself and I didn't think it was too bad, surprised it didn't last. Ive seen your Jimmy so many times and I'm surprised it took me this long to figure out where the name came from.. The drivers side doors gave it away. Been a fan for years!

17 hours ago, Dzimm said:

Wow, someone else who knows Firefly?

That was a great show, My wife and I watched it when it first aired. I'm actually glad it ended while it was still good (one season) rather than dragging it out and jumping the shark.

Fox never really gave the show much of a chance to develop. In fairness it was a bit of a niche product, a western set in space, frontier living in the 26th century. With a little more production support it could've gone for four or five seasons before starting to wind down, I think. The story arcs that got hastily wrapped up in Serenity easily could've filled out the rest of the season, and would've created a pretty crazy environment for the next one. If they'd let the first season run to its end I'd be willing to bet the show would be more than that quaint little experiment with a weird cult following that it is.