Marchal 850GT Fog Lights

I've always wanted a set of the regulation Marchal 850GT fogs that were a factory option on many Jeeps back in the day. On J-trucks, Grands, CJs, and some others they were available options, but don't think the XJs or MJs ever got them. Found a NOS pair in France semi-reasonably priced and finally sprung for a pair. In chrome /amber of course. What the hell, it's only money.  :D

Anyone else have Marchals mounted? I know Adam does. Pics?

SmallMarchal2.jpg.1919860536377617876322f0472e85e3.jpgSmallMarchal1.jpg.7fd0e63ae5d62ef8721fbd0e924de5cb.jpg

1 hour ago, 75sv1 said:

I don't, but are they the same as what was on the '80's Mustang? I think they are Marchal's, too.  Looks good. Didn't splurge for a set for the headlights? OK, those require a bank loan.

Correct. 850s, 852s, or 890s (same size lamps, just differences in lamp type and shell) were on the Mustangs and tons of other stuff too. Headlamps are Truck-lites, good enough. Old and the new.

Am now looking for the black Marchal covers now. Those are super rare......

Every now and then I think about picking up a pair of these. Then I look at my bank account and change my mind :laugh: They do look great, though.

The OEM fogs I put on a few years ago are already starting to look a little dingy. But I'd have to have them in black...

7 hours ago, Jeep Driver said:

Why you say "good enough" regarding the Trucklites?

I'm seriously considering the JW Speaker headlights myself. 

By "good enough" I mean that they are fine - no need for anything different. Much better light output than the Hella E-code 100w halogens I had before. Speakers have even better rated output vs. amp draw but they look too weird for me. 

7 hours ago, Strokermjcomanche said:

Check out the Marchal 950 Charlie lights , they are huuuge 

Post up your pic Adam to show how huge. W/o a pic of them installed on something you can't really tell how huge.

1 hour ago, kryptronic said:

I'd like to do these in black and clear as a final touch on my build that I've barely started.  Anybody know if Marchal made suitable lights for an MJ rollbar as well?

The factory lights for the roll bar were KC HiLiters.

6 hours ago, HOrnbrod said:

By "good enough" I mean that they are fine - no need for anything different. Much better light output than the Hella E-code 100w halogens I had before. Speakers have even better rated output but look too weird for me. 

Post up your pic Adam to show how huge. W/o a pic of them installed on something you can't really tell how huge.

I also have a set of Trucklites.  Last year I made 2 coast to coast round trips in  the Comanche.  The Trucklites performed very well on the open road.  Good forward vision and nice, tight beam pattern.  Got very few flashes from people on the other lane of the freeways.

There are lots of high powered lights out there on other cars.  IMHO, most of them have very poor beam patterns.  Trucklites are worth the money to me.

19 hours ago, Strokermjcomanche said:

Marchal 

Not on my '87. The lights and roll bar were factory, and the lites were KC HiLiters.

They're long gone, now. They turned into heaps of rusty tin, so I cut 'em off and tossed the scrap. But they were what they were, and they were NOT Marchal.

4 hours ago, HOrnbrod said:

Any reason you prefer the smaller 750?

I think the smaller 750s look more in proportion with the truck, especially with the '85 21 slot grill since the slots are so narrow (there's a lot going on there). If I ever get a factory roll bar the 850s are going on it. I also have a set of amber lenses for the 750s that I might throw on the blue truck.