I have a 91 base(sport truck) but the mirrors r in a stupid location. does any one no if they make a kit to move them up so that there under the triangular window. ill post pics tomoorow of what I'm talking about. if they do make a kit does anyone no of a supplier and how hard are they to install.

I had the ones in the lower left of Fiatslugs pic.

If those are what you have, then you already have the hardware in your door for the mirrors in the upper left. And you can re-use the interior triangle trim pieces if you use a manual mirror.

I bought the manual folding mirrors off the internet (AM-Autoparts), cheap Chinese crap, they work fine but car washes will b*@$£ slap them off your doors (my drivers mirror is glued on, the spring mechanism that allows the mirror body to rotate is weak and should not be tested.) I'd recommend fixed (non-folding/rotating) manual mirrors if they are offered.

I have 97+ mirrors they are better to me, but seen these the other day seriously thinking about trying this on mine! Way better for towing

fa9fe9254e517240e08efb79c316c5e9.jpg

I don't like the rounded 97+ mirrors on the square MJ unless it had the 97+ front clip, but could tolerate if I had to. But those mirrors pictured above are really hideous mate.

The mirror swap is pretty easy to do. Bolt in as long as you get all of the hardware from the donor vehicle.

Opinion warning: The 97+ mirrors are insufferably hideous against the square MJ/early XJ body. They're ok on the 97+ body but still ugly. I don't like the ones above either, but I can understand their use for towing.

Be the judge yourself, for me it wasn't about looks it's about functionality! The little square mirrors have no viewing area and with the pre 96 doors you can't see $#!&! probably one of the worst design flaws with the MJ (I hook mine to a trailer a lot). Like I said the 97+ mirrors are better for this (to use your truck as a truck).Now far as the jk mirrors, I think they are cool and different and believe their functionality would be great good luck

Yeah, those are the standard mirrors the majority of MJs came with. You've got several options for things to replace them with, but nothing exists to move them unless you want to drill more holes in the door closer to the front. There's really nothing special holding it to the door, just sheet metal screws.

The 97+ XJ mirrrors are far superior in terms of function but they just don't look good on our boxy trucks.

Yep. Can't understand why everyone complains about our "small" original mirrors unless it's just to justify their "upgrade" to the ugly 97+ mirrors. I consider it a downgrade. I can see just fine behind me with the stock mirrors, and I'm half-blind. My JK mirrors are huge and distracting and I see too much.............

:peek:

Here's more or less what I see with the 96- style mirrors. Hard to nail the exact driving position with a camera but it's something like this. I don't feel like I can't see behind me (I like these way better than the ones in the OP), but some small blind spot mirrors would always help. I always adjust my mirrors to where I don't see the truck in it so I can see as much of the road as possible. If you like to see your vehicle in your mirrors you'll obviously have less view behind you.

1s36HJMl.jpg

I see everything, and more, bigger that JK mirrors even.

But, some think they are ugly ... I think they look like truck mirrors on a truck, not a car mirror on a truck. And they came from the factory, with the truck even. Call me weird I guess.

But, some think they are ugly ... I think they look like truck mirrors on a truck, not a car mirror on a truck. And they came from the factory, with the truck even. Call me weird I guess.

Still my favorite mirrors for a Comanche. Trying to hunt down a set for mine , already have the holes in the doors.

Those are what i have on my MJ.

Just had to replace the drivers side though, It had developed a dead spot where it would just flop around in the wind lol