Who's got the lowest optioned base model?

Comanche County

I've got a contender for the most basic MJ. 

Just won a Copart auction for this 87' Sportruck.  It got hit in the rear and evidently got totaled out.  No A/C, Manual Steering, bench, manual windows, 4cyl, 2wd.  I was regretting bidding on it till I saw it in person.  Its got new kicks, new brakes and brake lines, new gas tank, rear bumper is almost perfect, NO RUST that I can see, and it runs like a singer sewing machine.  I still need to give it a good shake down but I think I'm gonna be happy with it.  Now I just need to get a back glass and replace a tail light and get a rebuilt title for it.  I might DD it till the summer rolls around.

The 5.9 earning its keep again! 

15468899967_95d6166a33_z.jpg

15654852255_dec5cb5b79_z.jpg

15469299270_c88cc31170_z.jpg

15631124396_6efc243e6f_z.jpg

15652165501_6f92e0a851_z.jpg

Straight as a board.

15468701278_06b730a965_z.jpg

15034706733_411d836c42_z.jpg

I stopped by LKQ on the way home and pulled three spoke steering wheel for it...I'm not really a fan of the old two spoke style.  That will probably be the extent of the "build" for this one unless I find a nice grey XJ interior in the yard.  The XJs are starting to dry up around here.

15652168261_9cc6a9bf1a_z.jpg

I also pulled a 4.10 8.25 from a 96 XJ while I was there, it was 27 spline so I pulled some 29 spline axles and a carrier to swap in.  Still need to set it up though.  It might find its way under the MJ or I might keep it for a future build.

15652371781_c5e4994aea_z.jpg

Interesting timing... I'm actually piecing things together to make a copy of my truck's window sticker (hence the option catalog thread)

I always think I have a stripper truck til I see ones like this... the days when power steering and two mirrors were extra cost options. :D There's a certain charm to ones like this though, I have to admit.

Edit: This truck has a radio and mine didn't. Hah!

I think yo have the Purple People Eater beat. 4 cylinder stick shift 2wd, radio delete, no dash clock, no cigar lighter, no rear bumper,  dummy light cluster without trip odometer, but it has power steering. My other one (Pioneer) was somewhat decked out for a Pioneer model: dash gauges, fog lights, bucket seats, all black interior, 4 litre auto 4wd.

My daughters 96 Cherokee Sport (I though the sport was the entry model, like the SE?) has power windows, power locks, AC and cruise control. The 94 Cherokee I had for a little while was an SE. It was 4.0/AX15/4wd, dummy lights, manual doors, no AC, no cruise. It was also a 2 door :banana:

15034706733_411d836c42_z.jpg

... I also pulled a 4.10 8.25 from a 96 XJ while I was there, it was 27 spline so I pulled some 29 spline axles and a carrier to swap in.  Still need to set it up though.  It might find its way under the MJ or I might keep it for a future build.

I lust lit up when I saw this picture.  :) That seat looks gorgeous! As for the axle, can't you just swap the spider gears to make the current carrier a 29 spline?

Got the same options as this one, just that mine has the Aw4 automatic transmission.  No power steering, no a/c, door mount mirrors, 2wd, 2.5L, manual windows, rubber flooring, bench seat, idiot light cluster.

I lucked out with mine, it is a plain jane white sport 2.5l AX4 and completely stripped of options but it does have 4wd.

I think thats how a Jeep should be, both of my XJs have been fully loaded and I really dislike all the extra crap.

What gears does yours have? This one has an AX4 with a D35 and 3.55 gears. I thought it would have 4.10s but the tag said 3.55. I confirmed the BOM on the Dana site, 605324-5-0 is listed as 3.55s for an 87-89 XJ.

That's what my strippo 86 had. 3.55 2wd.

3:55's is right for the AX4 manual If it were an Auto 4 Banger then it would have 4:56's

My Red MJ was an auto with the 4.56 gears.  It did not have anything in the engine bay, and the trans was in the truck bed.  Vinyl floors, bench, very basic cluster, no radio.  another hard to beat bear bones DIY Jeep lol

My 89 2wd 4sp swb, originally gray now OD green going back to gunmetal gray is loaded with options compared to some of these. P/S, AC (not currently working), aftermarket radio, slide in beadliner (going away for Rhino liner)...to funny to think what were options that are standard items now. Our 2010 JK was a special order with hard top and manual doors/windows. Would never have a Jeep with a removable top and electrics in the doors.

I lust lit up when I saw this picture.  :) That seat looks gorgeous! As for the axle, can't you just swap the spider gears to make the current carrier a 29 spline?

There's a lot of misinformation out there on that, I decided to see for myself.  I'll get the diff out tomorrow and post some pictures up.  I kept the 27 spline side gears and I'll compare the two.

I gotta make a side adjuster tool for it.  Those tools go for $50-$100 and its basically just a long bar with a 36mm nut welded onto it. I can make my own.

... can't you just swap the spider gears to make the current carrier a 29 spline?

There's a lot of misinformation out there on that, I decided to see for myself.  I'll get the diff out tomorrow and post some pictures up.  I kept the 27 spline side gears and I'll compare the two...

:popcorn: