2015 CC Eastern Pow Wow @ Badlands, Attica, IN

SW86

i ran all the colored trails when i was on skinny 33s and locked. they arent that bad. Purgatory has numerous lines so you can make that as hard or easy as you want.

I'm going this weekend. i'll take pics :)

Let me know if they changed the entrance tk the pink trail. I was there a few months ago and got denied on the first obstacle. There used to be a third rock in the middle on the backside, it is no longer there.

you gotta come at it straight on.  its still the same and nobody in our group had an issue (1 TJ and 2 SWB MJs)

and i will be staying at the badlands campground.  i was never a fan of road travel to get to the park just in case of a breakage.  with a truck bed camper, its not easy for me to just load up on the trailer and go.  

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Ill be there! Since the round trip will consist of 8 turns, 4 stop signs, and 6 miles I don't have much of an excuse not to be there! I doubt I will be wheeling the DD, but I will be at the camp ground in the evening for some friendly conversation and a few ice cold wobbly pops. My brother will most likely be there with his MJ and possibly my dad in his TJ. Our shop is a few miles away and I have a parts Cherokee and Comanche along with some misc. parts. 765-401-4887 is my cell #...save the number so you can get ahold of me in case you guys need anything...I know its a ways away, but I might forget by then!

Look forward to meeting you guys!

Jake

1st and 2nd is best for me too.  Not sure if I could make any other weekends in August.  Would like to tent camp with the group at the campground.

I've already put this on my schedule for the first weekend in August.... not sure if that was ever finalized but that's gonna be the weekend me and my group will be rolling in.

Ill be there! Since the round trip will consist of 8 turns, 4 stop signs, and 6 miles 

Jake

I officially hate you. Or envy you. Or something. I love Badlands and to live that close as opposed to 203 miles away.....

Its not as glamorous as it may seem... I remember going there when it was just an abandoned gravel pit. My dad worked in the pit in high school, and would take his 1975 CJ5 out there after work. We've had our fun out there, now we just stand back and watch everybody else enjoy it. Its still pretty cool to see the all the rigs roll through town though....the Wrangler guys never wave to us MJ guys?!? :hmm:

.the Wrangler guys never wave to us MJ guys?!? :hmm:

The one's that won't wave are the one's who have wheeled with an MJ and still can't understand why after thousands in bolt on mods their Wrangler still can't compete with our old pickups.....I love seeing the look on their faces as I walk back after completing a challenging obstacle with little or no effort.  Pure disbelief. :thumbsup:

Ill be there! Since the round trip will consist of 8 turns, 4 stop signs, and 6 miles 

Jake

I officially hate you. Or envy you. Or something. I love Badlands and to live that close as opposed to 203 miles away.....

Its not as glamorous as it may seem... I remember going there when it was just an abandoned gravel pit. My dad worked in the pit in high school, and would take his 1975 CJ5 out there after work. We've had our fun out there, now we just stand back and watch everybody else enjoy it. Its still pretty cool to see the all the rigs roll through town though....the Wrangler guys never wave to us MJ guys?!? :hmm:

Amen on the Wrangler guys and their "only real jeep" mindset. On my trip to Haspin this weekend an '06 LJ with a locked rear , a high dollar teraflex lift, and on 265/75/16 Duratracs, the same size and type of tire as I have, could not follow my MJ although I followed him everywhere he could go. But you know...they are the only real jeeps.  :banana:

If you get a chance to watch my latest video on my build thread I'm running a trail called Ladder.  At the end I drive straight up and out.... my buddy in his TJ, Longarmed Locked front and rear same size tires as mine, spends at least 10 minutes trying to climb out the way I came.  He even stood it on its rear bumper and twisted 90 degrees at one point..... that guy has 3 times as much in his TJ and I school that thing every time we are in the woods and I can haul my own cooler..... Silly Wrangler guys...... :yes:

• 1 month later...