2015 CC Eastern Pow Wow @ Badlands, Attica, IN

SW86

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm out if it is iin Indiana. That is a minimum of a 15 hour one way drive. The name should be changed to the Midwest Pow Wow at this point. Maybe us southern dwellers can put on something a few hundred miles closer.

This would be nice. Seems most of the activity on here is near the Midwest region any-who. Although that's not to say there's much activity in the SE either... Would love to get to meet some of you northerner MJ brethren, but I just don't see a trip that long being feasible or cost-efficient at the moment. :(

I voted Harlan, it's pretty much the same distance and time for me as Badlands, but I've been to Badlands three times, and never to Black Mountain.

I'm not opposed to going to Badlands a 4th time, though. It's a great property.

It's definitely hard when dealing with a club that's membership encompass the globe.  But even if we just take that down to the US and then split the country it's still a lot of area.  I think if this gains traction in the long run it would be a good idea to split the eastern group as well.  Even if we get 2 Members and 2 MJ's than it's gonna be a success..... wheeling with even one MJ is gotta be better than a dozen TJ's, JK's, LJ's and XJ's....... I wanna thank SW86 for pushing this forward and not getting discouraged....... stay the course brother and we will be wheeling together before you know it.  :thumbsup:

Thanks bud. I don't take any credit except for stepping up to get the ball rolling.. That's all it usually takes and I knew there were at least a few of us who travel to wheel.. So if anything the 3 of us (me, you and wade) would be there if possible lol.

I'm still encouraging every member. wheeler, stocker, street queen, to show up that can make it. Not only will it bring us all together as a club but we'll get to hang around other Comanches!

The way I see it is, it's a Friday thru Sunday deal with the main shindig going on Saturday/Saturday night. Friday and Sunday are for traveling or wheeling or going to a spot in town if the 2wders want to cruise the streets. I don't know what's in the area so anyone who has been has any thoughts, toss them out there. (Because its looking like badlands for the win)

Of course as mentioned, there are easy trails for stockers to ride around on. If anyone has opens seats, I'd say jump in for a ride if your looking for the harder stuff ;)

My first time out I had a blast with my then bone stock long bed on the orange trail at Badlands. All it takes is some decent tread tires, tow hooks on the front and some sort of recovery point on the rear like a 2" hitch receiver.

If I do make it out to Badlands again, I'll probably be up for tackling the pink trail now that I'm built a little larger, as long as I can find somebody else to run it with me.

The orange trail is by no means meant to be for stock Jeeps, but with patience, perseverance and a bit of skill (or luck) it can be done only needing an occasional tug.

The pink trail I have been told does body damage, there is also green, yellow, white, and (not  color) Purgatory. I might even see if I can tackle Purgatory.

I will plan on this trip next year. Either my daughter or her mom may have to grab an empty seat if one is available at the time. I really need a bench seat for this truck it is the only down fall for the next year or 3, till daughter is out of the house.

Yea I agree.... even if my MJ couldn't make it I would make the trip just to meet everyone and check out a group of MJ's all in one place.  Not everyone takes a Jeep to the All breeds Jeep show.... but they still go.... :yes:

Poll is gone. Next years trip will be at Badlands in Attica, IN..

We now need to pick a date. Ill post up another poll but what month(s) is everyone who voted or is going thinking?? I'm thinking May-June myself.. Throw out a few and we'll get this rolling.