2015 CC Eastern Pow Wow @ Badlands, Attica, IN

SW86

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry guys I keep forgetting about this. Haven't been posting as much as of late..

I'm going to go on and say yes, the first weekend in August. Ill update the original post as well. I'm still excited for this and can't wait to be there. It's one of my bigger trips for this year as far as wheelin goes.

However I want to throw this out there. I notice its a 700 acre park. Is that enough for a weekend of wheelin? Are there a lot of hardcore trails? I know at smorr it's 900 acres and I was done with the good stuff in one day and ready to leave Saturday afternoon.

If you want real hardcore trails, talk to the owner and ask about Mission Impossible, its a few miles down the road, in the original owners back yard. They usually provide a trail guide or two, I think 35's and two lockers are the minimum for them to let you in. Its a fun time.

• 2 months later...

Bump to the top! Keep this run in mind guys. I still plan on attending and hope a lot of you still are.

Also, I have several buddies who can make us t-shirts for the run. It's just an idea but i thought it'd be cool to make some to commemorate this event. If there's enough interest, we could come up with a design or just leave it simple with words and maybe the standard logo. I don't know pricing as of now but all that can be worked out if the interest is there..

• 3 weeks later...

well everyone here has the time off for the trip. I still don't know how I'm going to get 3 of us there with 2 seats maybe I will use the rear seat from the YJ and leave topper on. will be towing a popup camper down.

• 1 month later...

Sorry to be so negotive but my last trip to badlands, well bite the big one, too worn out, they cater to the side by sides..

Just a thought Redbird bigger, better trails, and only $10

Sorry to be so negotive but my last trip to badlands, well bite the big one, too worn out, they cater to the side by sides..

Just a thought Redbird bigger, better trails, and only $10

2 weekends ago I went to both badlands and redbird with my side by side. I wasn't too impressed sigh either. I'd probably never go back to either to wheel. But wherever this club meeting in at I'm taking my side by side to drive around and look at everybody's trucks... They're both the same distance from me so either works for me...redbird is cheaper though...

Well $#!&. I figured when some of the other guys who crawl like I do said it was good, it should be good. I'd still like everyone to show. There's probably still plenty for everyone to be entertained. I don't want to change the venue last minute after everyone voted and some have planned for this.

Although I know life has dealt a few hands to some people who said they'd go, so this might not be as big as it was when started. Which is good Pete bumped it and if he could pin it that'd be great. That would make it more visible and remind people that, "hey! This is still going on!". If the interest is still there, we'll leave as is. If no one chimes in like before, we'll either change plans or cancel. (I hate to even suggest it :()

I don't know what part you covered while you where there to think it's worn out, but I've always enjoyed myself there. 

I'm about 85% sure I am going, and I have two buddies that are planning on joining as well, both with Rubicons.   We usually run Orange and play in the quarry and a few little scramble areas by the dunes.

AND - If anyone is in the market for an MJ, I might be selling mine, the Badlands could be a good place to do the deal, you can see it in action first.

I have two worries. One that I can't fit all of us in the truck and I would be going by my self if the other half and daughter don't go. Not to mention that I would be living in the camper when I get back. 2nd, I don't know if I want to depend on my 25 year old truck to tow a pop up camper 900+ miles one way. I just haven't had that much time behind the wheel yet.

I was last at Badlands 3 years ago. It was a fun place then. Three years ago was a long time, though. Especially with quads & SxS's. Too few of them respect any sort of trail etiquette and too many follow the " hold my beer and watch this" mentality at the parks that I go to. Note that I did not say "all" such people at "all" such places.

If you want pure rocks neither badlands or redbird will satisfy you.

So I assume you've never been to the rock quarry at the Badlands? can't get more 'pure rock' than that, although you need a built rig to run a lot of it.

Haha I feel as if we're getting off track here. I've been doing a lot of YouTube searching on badlands. There definitely is something there for everyone. I can see a stocker cruise'n around, having a good time as well as a built rig beating around. We need to remember (hopefully) it's not just us crawlers going.

Although mission impossible looked fun :)