Bed Liners

When was the last time you pulled out your bed liner and took a look at your bed?

Sure glad Colorado is a dry state. Would hate to think of the condition this bed would be in if more moisture had gotten underneath the liner.

Think I caught it in time. A little clean up, some paint, be OK.

Curious as to how many of you are going to take a look at yours after seeing his.

When I picked up my 86, it had a bed liner and topper on it. When I pulled both, the inner bed looked brand new and glossy while the bedsides and tailgate were rusted out. The truck must have had the topper and liner installed when it was new.

• 2 weeks later...

i refuse to run a plastic drop in bedliner for that very reason. cost extra money but a rhino lining[ or equivalent ] is worth it

Definately. I just spent the last few days doing a low cost fix up of my cab floor using the Duplicolor roll on liner and some assorted rust busting products. Definately looks and feels a LOT better.

Screw Rhino/Raptor liner, the only bed liner worth a bent nickle is LINE-X. That being said my truck has a factory drop in bed liner. I removed it about a year ago to properly clean and inspect. I was mesmerized at how pristine the inner bed was, save for a few spots where the liner had rubbed through the paint, the surface was utterly flawless. Vastly different in comparison to the soft ball sized rust holes on the outside of the body/bed.

Who makes the drop in bed liner? Been wanting one ever since I got the truck cuz I have found with previous trucks rhino lining doesn't last long enough to be cost effective for me. Where can I find one?

I have a lwb liner you can have if you can figure out how to get it from Central Kansas. It came out of my 86.

• 9 months later...

Ok......glad I saw this post and it probably ain't related, but......an old guy gave me a factory bed liner like that a few weeks ago, but he couldn't remember how you get the clips to work that go one the inside (between the bed liner and the truck and apparently hook to the inside of the rail) so how does that work? Do you install the clips before you put the liner in and what causes them to catch when you screw em down? Do they roatae until the catch or what? Thanks in advance.

I won't be removing my drop in liner until spring even though it doesn't fit right (I think its from a Dakota). 

The PO cut off the wheel tubs from inside the bed to fit his camper  :doh:  so anything I put in the bed without the liner in place is liable to fall right out onto my rear tires!

Was your liner that was taped in an over the rail? Or under the rail. This one is over the rail like the one in the pic and had 8 clips that should go under the bed rail. I would post pics of em.....if I was smat enough to know how to attach images here. but I'm just a rookie lol

I pulled mine out, and my truck came from OHIO. the floor under it had what looked liked waxon it. but it was never buffed out. bed floor looks great. So if anyone wants a bedliner for a long bed send me a message with an offer.

Over the rail. It's the factory liner with "Jeep" molded into it, not Duraliner or other.

Come to think of it, there were some clips, but they weren't doing much and there were holes drilled in the liner at the clips, so I assumed they were for a topper.

Yeah, I would imagine different locations would merit more attention to this issue than others.  I have yet to buy an MJ with a liner that's had any rust issues.  I did buy one that was rusted out where the aluminum topper had been bolted to it since new right around all 4 bolts.  

When I got my '11 Dodge Ram 3500 it came with a spray in bed liner.  All my other trucks Dodge trucks had plastic drop ins.  I preferred the plastic because moving heavy things around is so much easier, rubberized bedliner just grabs things like engine blocks and axles and whatnot.

About a year after I'd had my '11 Dodge, I had already become frustrated with trying to drag things across the spray in liner but the deal killer was the day I grabbed a D44 from a junkyard MJ and was driving home when upon making a turn, the axle rolled a bit and the pinion rotated over from right to left and bashed into the inner fenderwell - caving it in.  Not just a little dent, it was a stupid sized bash in.

I now run a plastic drop in on top of the spray in.  One serves as bed corrosion protection, the other, dent protection....... and makes moving heavy things SO much easier.