• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

Unless it is white foam, I did not notice a spacer plate on the 96 booster I swapped into Wilbur. But the parts vehicle was a late 96 and already had the 97 dash and engine harnesses. Did the 97 and up have a spacer? If not, would it be possible that the late 96s also don't have one?

FWIW, the new booster works fine, but I swapped the 96 pedal assembly in with it.

Unless it is white foam, I did not notice a spacer plate on the 96 booster I swapped into Wilbur. But the parts vehicle was a late 96 and already had the 97 dash and engine harnesses. Did the 97 and up have a spacer? If not, would it be possible that the late 96s also don't have one?

FWIW, the new booster works fine, but I swapped the 96 pedal assembly in with it.

It's under the white foam.

• 4 months later...

i know this a old post but the best info on here was about the brake lights not working thanks for adding that it saved me from pulling everything out so thanks for that , i was going nuts...... best brakes i have had in two years ......duct tape who knew 

• 4 weeks later...

The reason for the modification is because I ground a little too much down on the new booster rod. If too much is ground down then the spring in the switch will not activate. If not enough is ground down then the spring is always compressed and stays on.

That is the thing..I didn't grind anything. Not too much not too little not at all. Weird, huh?

The reason for the modification is because I ground a little too much down on the new booster rod. If too much is ground down then the spring in the switch will not activate. If not enough is ground down then the spring is always compressed and stays on.

That is the thing..I didn't grind anything. Not too much not too little not at all. Weird, huh?

Referring to the 91 in your signature? No grinding is required for the HO switch activation.

• 1 month later...

Alright you guys,

I did the swap today, I pulled one off a 97 ZJ. Actually I pulled two to get the extra spacer and two were unnecessary.

Oh yeah, I got brakes alright, but now my peddle is low, it's now even with my gas peddle.

Besides cutting and welding on a new end (off original booster) is there any other solution?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yes because lines from the jy will have only english or metric fittings on both sides. The lines you need will have an english fitting on one side and metric on the other.

is this the same four HO or just Renix?