John Q's 1988 Comanche

JohnQ

looks good but I am fairly certain that the AAL's are supposed to go on the next spot down...they're not supposed to be shorter than the leaf below them for wear purposes.

I think you are right. :oops:

I was going by Rusty's AAL install directions. They were the only ones I could find. It say's to put the aal under the main leaf. :???:

I'm not going to mess with them any more. I would have to get new center bolts to fix them.

They are only on hopefully until this fall, I hope they will be ok.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ordered all my new brake lines today. I am going to try a rear brake line from a 90's Dakota and front brake lines from a YJ. Should be in tomorrow.

Picked up an Optima Red Top. :D

I was rotating the tires on my Rubicon today and put the 35's on the MJ to see what they would look like.

Definitely need more lift to clear them but they looked cool anyhow. 8)

The 31's just don't do my Rubicon justice anymore!

• 3 weeks later...
if you're refering to the green spot under the left lower corner of the tailgate, i think that's just grass you can see through the underchasis
Your right! It just looked a lot brighter, like a fuzzy tennis ball :D

Tennis ball??? Are you guy's having flash backs or smoking something your not suppose too?? :D

I got a set of Rough Country adjustable upper control arms yesterday from a guy on NAXJA.

I got them for pretty cheap but the guy never mailed me the bushings. :headpop:

I emailed him and he is looking for them. Is there a place I can buy just the bushings if he can't find them?

Hey just a quick question from before the lift- Where'd you get those spacers from? My 2wd could use a slightly better stance than stock but it'd be pointless to invest in a proper lift.

look on ebay i got some 1.75 inchers for 20 bucks

• 4 weeks later...

I'm picking up a brand new ARB Bull bar and a Dana 44 out of an 87 cherokee this weekend. I'm also going to transfer the Warn from my rubi to my MJ. The Dana 44 has 307 gearing, sucks, but it will get me by until I put 33's on my truck.

I picked up my Bull bar and Dana 44 today! :D

Here's a comparison shot of the bull bar next to the rock lizard.

My little helper!

I need a winch, I found out my 9.5ti won't fit. :cry:

What you guy's think?

I have lots of plans for the 44. I hoping to have it re-geared and locked before I put in the my MJ.

Can you check if those blinker lamps are marked "D.O.T." on them?

They didn't used to be DOT approved and I talked to a guy in S. Cali that had a cop write him up for a huge list of things on his Yota. One of those was the lights, but only cause the cop was looking over every inch of the truck.

Maybe cause Aus doesn't have the DOT?

They didn't used to be DOT approved and I talked to a guy in S. Cali that had a cop write him up for a huge list of things on his Yota. One of those was the lights, but only cause the cop was looking over every inch of the truck.

I'll have to look. The cops don't mess with us too much here in TX. I painted the ones on my Rubi with black tint and never got bothered.

I did find out the hard way you don't what to wire the lights as running lights, they kind of melt. :oops:

No, they are not marked DOT. I have a brand new set sitting here that I just checked, because I haven't installed them on the YJ yet.

• 2 weeks later...