• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I bought this craptastic bumper from JC whitney, $142 shipped.

You can almost bend it by hand, but it looks better than no bumper at all.

I got violated by a tree a couple weeks back and it caved in my driver door. Now I am trying to get a set of 97+ doors before my buddy does the body work. This is a picture after I tried to push out the dent.

I'm also working on installing a JENSEN DVD player, I know JENSEN sucks, but I got a really good deal on it.

Are you doing a flip out from a single din, or are you somehow fitting a double din deck in?

I'm doing an in-dash, flip out.

I had one too many beers and mis- measured when I was working on it. I swapped the heater controls with the radio thinking I would have enough clearence, I was wrong. Its at too much of an angle when the screen is out. :oops:

I am going to relocate it to the bottom where the vent is, move the vent to the top and put the heater controls back in the middle.

good luck moving the vent up...there's no adjustment to the tubing back there so that will require custom duct work. also you may have to cut into your heater box to fit it in that location. either way, take pics of it please.

I agree-

I'm very interested in how this works/turns out too.

Is it just unbolt and bolt back in?

x2! I just got my GPS for my Audi and want it in the MJ x1000!

It's easy to swap them around but you have to make clearence with the duct work and drill new holes. There is a cut out for the radio and not the heater controls. I had no mercy with my dremel, maybe because I was drinking. :roll:

I don't have AC, and my heater and defroster still work fine. I'm still working on cleaning up all the duct work.

I'm hoping I will have time this week to start moving the bottom vent to the top. I'll take some pics of the carnage behind the radio sometime this week.

John, very nice rig! I'm surprised nobody else asked, but could you tell us if you had to do much modding to get the VW interior lights to fit and work? What Dub did they come out of? And, what did you do for the underdash lights, if I am correct MJ's did not come with any? Thanks, Greg

• 3 months later...

I know this is an old thread but i saw the In-dash Dvd player. I have one of those in my Cherokee too, but the wheel that pulls the screen to the upright position is stripped so I need to to take it apart and repair it. Anyone attempted anything like that?

In the transmission shop getting a new clutch.

Truck is currently for sale if anyone is interested.

Does the new clutch have anything to do with being for sale??? :roll:

Sad to hear you are selling it. Gonna keep the red one?

I'm sure other people are wondering if the D44 made it into the dark blue one or not too. If it didn't will that be for sale as well?

In the transmission shop getting a new clutch.

Truck is currently for sale if anyone is interested.

Does the new clutch have anything to do with being for sale??? :roll:

Sad to hear you are selling it. Gonna keep the red one?

I'm sure other people are wondering if the D44 made it into the dark blue one or not too. If it didn't will that be for sale as well?

Sorry guy's my trucks are no longer for sale. I was only selling them because I was trying to get one that was in California.

New clutch cost me too damn much $, I didn't have the time to do it my self. But my 88 is now running strong. I got to drive it to work today for the fist time since last August. :D

The Dana 44 will find it's way under my 88 someday.

• 2 months later...

I got sick of looking at my truck all black and blue so I gave her a nice $20 flat black paint job. I still have a little more painting left to do, but I think it looks alot better. Someday I will have enough money saved up to get all the body work and paint done, but for now spray paint will have to do. I switched out my MTR's with some gas friendly Bridgestone Revo tires, that are survivors from my Liberty. I installed some bucket seats, which still need a good cleaning, a new console and I also added some new switches.

She's my daily driver right now so I hope to have my AC installed in the next couple of weekends.

• 4 years later...

It's been awhile since I have messed with my comanche. She has sat long enough with out any attention. I just ordered some 33" mud grapplers that will be going on my rubicon rims. Still piecing together my lift. I'm going with long arms but I haven't decided on which one yet. I still like the TnT, but the clayton looks nice. Going to get some 4.5" RE springs for the front with some jks ACOS spacers and a spring over in the rear. I also have My factory A/C conversion about 80% complete.

This is how my comanche currently looks. My Nitto Mud Grapplers are on there way. They are 305/70 R16. Ordering my JKS ACOS and my RE 4.5" springs today.

I want to buy new springs for the rear. Right now I am trying to decide on if I should get 2wd or 4wd springs for a SOA.