John Q's 1988 Comanche

JohnQ

Here is my 1988 Jeep Comanche Sport 4x4, 4.0L, Dana 30/35. Fresh off her truck ride from "Bonkers" house from all the way up in Delaware! Thanks Bonkers for all your help.

Some sugar blasted Rubicon rims and 31" MTR's from my Rubicon, and a $50+ tailgate handle.

Getting the 97+ front end. I used some el-cheapo parts from Ebay for the conversion. Someday I will replace all these parts with factory parts from a cherokee.

My Floor pan nightmare! Just a couple tiny holes. I used a floor pan repair kit from Por15.

New vinyl, reupholstered seat, and VW interior lights. Vinyl is temporary. I plan on having the interior rhino lined.

Leveled out the front end with 2.5 spacers.

Pre-lift

Post lift and new front brakes, steering stabalizer, and bushing kit.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

real nice John Q. so if you estimated how much the front header, lights, harness, and fenders were, how much would that be? i am VERY much interested in doing that conversion on my MJ.

I got all the parts from Ebay for under $300, but I would highly recommend getting them from an XJ at the Junk yard. I may even swap out my header before I get her painted.

Paint is a must with that new front end. I noticed the blue valve cover, is it just replaced, or is there motor work done? I really like the truck with the nice interior, new front end, and kickass wheels.

Not much motor work done yet. Mainly just replaced gaskets and cleaned up stuff. New vacuum harnesses and an ACCEL power tuner kit. She's getting a new exhaust hopefully tomorrow.

I have dreams of putting a HEMI or at least a 350 someday. :D

Paint is a must with that new front end. I noticed the blue valve cover, is it just replaced, or is there motor work done? I really like the truck with the nice interior, new front end, and kickass wheels.

Not much motor work done yet. Mainly just replaced gaskets and cleaned up stuff. New vacuum harnesses and an ACCEL power tuner kit. She's getting a new exhaust hopefully tomorrow.

I like my 20 mpg but wouldn't mind that kind of power. Did you ever get a cargo light?

I like my 20 mpg but wouldn't mind that kind of power. Did you ever get a cargo light?

Still looking.

I found a haven of junkied mj's, a few with rearends sitting on the roof.

I know of 3 cargo lights. that are there. 2 that have all parts and one that needs the lens.

Once the snow melts, so in the spring, I'm going to go get all 3 of them. Ill bookmark one for you, man. but don't stop looking haha.

I know of 3 cargo lights. that are there. 2 that have all parts and one that needs the lens.

Once the snow melts, so in the spring, I'm going to go get all 3 of them. Ill bookmark one for you, man. but don't stop looking haha.

Thanks. :D

Don't forget to grab the switches from the dash too!

Thanks. :D

Don't forget to grab the switches from the dash too!

entire unit will be coming out. but Ill probably hacksaw the dash about 1" around just because I'm lazy.

entire unit will be coming out. but Ill probably hacksaw the dash about 1" around just because I'm lazy.

Put a BF flathead screwdriver against the lil box that holds both switches and hit it with a hammer. It pops through the dash and you can pull the switch out easily. I do it in the junkyard whenever I need a switch.

Put a BF flathead screwdriver against the lil box that holds both switches and hit it with a hammer. It pops through the dash and you can pull the switch out easily. I do it in the junkyard whenever I need a switch.

Ive got an old-tyme roofer's hammer.

large flat head, the end is flat and has a notch for pulling nails, but its completely flat. I use that and a BF flathead/prybar. Sometimes an ax.

I am still working on getting my truck ready to pass TX safety inspection. I went Saturday and had my exhaust fixed.

I needed a new cat and I had a flowmaster 40 series with a turn down put on her. :D

OOOO, can I have one too? jamminz.gif

Probably going to get a 40 series next year as well along with a whole new pipe for it. How much did what you got run ya?

I got the whole thing done for around $300 including a $150 for the new cat.