Dirteatrs Thin Wallet Build... TRUGGY TIME

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks man! I picked up a set of 8 lug old school white wagon wheels earlier this week. I also forgot to add that I got a uniden pro520xl CB radio and a 3' firestik and everything else to set it up from my girlfriends family for my birthday! I had it mounted and working before my Rausch trip.

Somebody must've backed up into my truck the other night and drove off, Didnt even leave a f#%king note! Of all places to hit, they crushed the driver side cab corner and b pillar! :fs1: Sliders and cage are coming up next because I'm tired of seeing all my body damage. Also it's nearly impossible to find a front Dana60 for under 600 bucks less than 200 miles from me :headpop:

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got my HIDs in the mail and installed them in 5 minutes. I got the kit from DDMtuning and got them 5k and ive had the autopal glass housings for awhile and they work awesome together! I realized I never put a pic up of the YJ soft doors I on my truck either so here yah go :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

Dude, get that guy by the fire a sammich. Stat! Just kidding. I'm jealous bro. Camping at the beach sounds awesome. The fam and I just got back from surfside beach on the gulf coast. Didn't camp straight on the beach but we made plans to do that next time. Also didn't get to take the MJ either. Kinda hard to cram 4 people in the cab for a 6 hour trip. Anyway, cool pictures and looks like y'all had a blast. :cheers:

Finally put my firestik cb antenna and mount on, made some light tabs for my front bumper and got some 6" spot lights so now I should be able to see fairly well at night 8)

I might be picking up a set of 37s this weekend but funds are low so well see! :wrench:

I've got another Rausch Creek trip planned for september 28-30th and should have my sliders and transfercase skid made by then. Pics to come with more updates!

Thanks backdraft! It was pretty awesome not going to lie! It's probably a lot more fun having your own truck there haha and quartz it's Sore Thumb Beach, I have the NYS fishing permit.

Same here never been there though, looks nice.

Spent another couple days at the beach, caught a few sea robbin, 2 fluke that were too short and a seagull flew into my friends line and got tangled up were the waves were breaking so I wrapped a towel around it and cut the line and unwrapped it from it's wing so it didn't drown :shake: Also hit 127k and that means oil change time! I've been meaning to do a full tuneup but that'll come when my wallet allows it, Ive also been looking into brown dog motor mounts as mine are less than stellar. Still can't decide if i should get poly ones or rubber. Other then driving it to the beach and to work I just like looking at it :peek:

And here's another poser shot because I can :brows:

After having my carpet stay wet for days and my interior smelling less than stellar I took it all out, cleaned and armor alled all the plastic, febreezed my bench seat and carpet until it smelled like the bottle, wirebrushed the floor pans or what's left of the driver side and started bending up some sheetmetal to patch the holes along the tranny hump. I've had my c2c driver side floor pan since Christmas and I think it's time to put it in :wrench: After I get the holes covered and patched and coat the entire floor in something like por-15 I'll put some sound deadener/insulation in. I also took my 8" kicker subs out of my Camaro and I'm going to put them in the cherokee sound Bar I picked up awhile ago, behind the seat and add 2 more speakers where I have the pliers sitting on the sound bar.

Passenger floor pan, only one little hole under the upper foot insulation

And what's left of the driver side :fs1: soapbox.gif

Just finished the entire thread

U got an awesome truck man....i wanna do alot of the stuff youve done.

Its threads like this that make me wish I had taken up welding. It really is bitchen how much no money work can be done with the skill of welding

Thanks guys! She's been through a lot and come quite a long way! Copy whatever you want haha as for welding I just finished welding in my driver side floor pan. It SUCKED but it's mostly done I need to grind down a couple spots and seal off everything and put in some insulation and clean my carpet, then I can put it back together one last time as I only have my seat back in so I can drive to work in a few hours. Sheesh I'm tired I'll post pics later

• 4 weeks later...

Been very busy between work and college! Here's the new floor and insulation and how I have the sound bar behind the seat

I've been making bumpers and other little stuff for friends and made up a tire carrier for my friends 2dr XJ

Said friend then slid down a hill backwards 2 days later and did this and then bought the 89 2wd longed manche that I was suppose to acquire

so we took everything off it in a day and spent the next day swapping everything over, now I have a Comanche buddy to wheel with!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...