Dirteatrs Thin Wallet Build... TRUGGY TIME

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

GTRs are like newer corvettes around here! theres quite a lot ( lots of rich people on this stupid island :fs2: ) You'll love the Longarms dude, best investment ive made into a vehicle! they ride amazing on the road and the flex off road is just rediculous!!!! I'm waiting for my friend to put some high res shots on his laptop for me. More flex pictures soon I promise!

That looks to be the same roll bar that I have. How well does it fit between the bed rails? Mine is really tight. Can you snap a picture of your mounting plates because mine are all messed up from the previous owner and I'm going to have to make new ones.

That looks to be the same roll bar that I have. How well does it fit between the bed rails? Mine is really tight. Can you snap a picture of your mounting plates because mine are all messed up from the previous owner and I'm going to have to make new ones.

I'll get a shot for yah in the morning!

I'll get a shot for yah in the morning!

Which morning? lol

Gunna need a donor Jeep........ She may be totaled :fs1: soapbox.gif

Hit 2 trees on an icy dirt road last night.. One took out everything on the driver side and hit the other one dead center up front.. The driver side b pillar is pushed in about an inch closer to the roof.... Didn't even get to look at it that much and I won't be able to for awhile :( I left it at my other house 200 miles away

To be continued

That sucks man! This is one of my favorite trucks too. Hate to hear it but glad you're OK. If you need help hunting down a southern low rust/rust free truck let me know. I'd be happy to help where I can.

Thanks dude, means a lot coming from you as I've had my fair share of drools over your truck haha I'm not sure what I'm doing insurance wise yet, I might be able to fix it and if not then itll have one ton axles, 37-40s and a cage jamminz.gif

Going to be real honest here. That's not as bad as I was picturing. I see a bumper, header panel, hood, cowl, radiator, fan, maybe water pump, and some hammer/pulling work on the front. With all the junk out of the way, you might just find an inward bend of the rails to the crossmember you could spread with a port-a-power. For the cab, meh, more hammer work. For the most part, from the limited pics you posted, I would say that that's fixable. Hell, if you were planning on keeping it a wheeler, fix the front, bang out that cab, and call it done. Use the money to buy a winch bumper, lockers... I'm sure you get the idea.

Don't let the insurance company junk the title, tell them you want a clear title if they are going to write it off, and buy it back. Be real nice to the adjuster when he/she comes out. It goes a long way. If they want to junk it, ask them what they value it at and fight them if you think it's low.

When I was threatened to only get $1000 for an MJ of mine, I cried BS. I was nice enough to the adjuster that he just told me to make up hand written receipts from somewhere for the additional parts and time in it, ended up giving me $2000, and letting me keep my truck with a free and clear title (I got hit in the cab corner by a Taurus.). The truck ran and drove fine, I just used the money to buy a newer Mopar. The adjuster was happy because he got rid of me, and his boss was happy because of the receipts.

Keep your chin up, at least it didn't burn to the ground or anything. Still in alright shape.

Rob

Thanks for the advice Rob and the kind words Brett! I'm going to trailer it home sometime within the next week and start gathering parts, my Dad said we might not even go through insurance so I have no idea whats going to happen, all I know is that I miss driving it already and it will be fixed no matter what !!!! jamminz.gif

Yours is definitely worse up front but I think my whole b pillar and roofline are pushed in. The first point of contact was the a pillar and that is dented up ad cracked the windshield then I guess after bouncing off it hit the b pillar... I slid into a ditch on an angle and slid against a tree on the driver side then hit another tree dead center up front... :fs1: