Dirteatrs Thin Wallet Build... TRUGGY TIME

Since my bench seat brackets have started to disintegrate and I couldn't bolt the seat down anymore and had a rocking chair effect while driving I decided to take it out today and bend up a little bracket and weld it on, came out mint!

I also ordered a new pro comp steering stabilizer since the one that's on my truck is probably older then me :rotf:

Forgot to take before pics but you can see the inner mount is completely gone :fs1:

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Put the new tie rod ends in, got the alignment nearly perfect, painted my grill and headlight bezels. Did my sisters YJ brakes with my dad and just hungout with him all day, I felt like I haven't really hungout with him in months! Was a good day on all parts, I find that punny :wrench: 8)

My clutch line blew out so I got a new one and put that in and bolted my tranny down to the crossmember finally, also tightened up all my control arms and zip tied my emergency brake lines up so they're not hanging any more. Gunna check all my fluids and add accordingly and I should be 100% for Rausch Creek next weekend!

Also here's a preview to the next step of my build ;)

Got back from Rausch a couple hours ago, basically I had a fxxking AWESOME weekend! My truck performed flawlessly and did everything I wanted it to do and more! Did mostly blues and a black or two, played around in the comp course and took lots of pics and videos! I setup my tent in the bed and camped out the 2 nights I was there. I'll let the pics do the rest of the talking :wavey:

Started the trip sitting in traffic in manhattan for 3 hours :fs1:

Went through manhattan on my way home and got some funny looks with all the mud over my truck :D

My friends brought go pro cameras and took some pics and videos that I'll post up later :cheers:

I'm hoping to go back in may for Topless day and late June for NACfest! Also I acquired a fancy new item for the back of my truck :brows: jamminz.gif

It's an OR-Fab XJ rear bumper that I'm Gunna make work! I was just out taking measurements :idea:

ive always loved the city but no... haha 3 hours in traffic! jesus. ill take gravel roads and no other human being around for miles over that anyday.

we need more wheelin pics!! i was surprised at the lack of rocks to crawl on. whats the deal with that?

I'm waiting on my friends for more pics of my truck, I took plenty of theirs and sent them their pics already! Grrrr :fs2:

I can't stand living near this city there's traffic no matter what hour of the day and they'll be more rock pics I promise :D

we need more wheelin pics!! i was surprised at the lack of rocks to crawl on. whats the deal with that?

Rausch has plenty of rock fields, it just depends on which trails you choose. Looking forward to seeing some more pics!

Here are some baby rocks my ZJ used to play in :D

239_12892344997_695089997_502459_8434_n.jpg

RockMJ

I'm waiting on my friends for more pics of my truck, I took plenty of theirs and sent them their pics already! Grrrr :fs2:

I can't stand living near this city there's traffic no matter what hour of the day and they'll be more rock pics I promise :D

truck looks good keep it up. looks like you had fun.

And id take country living over city life ANY day. nothing like cruising down a back road at 35 or 70... haha. beats stop and go ANY day jamminz.gif

Thanks cam! I have another house in a small town upstate NY so I know that feeling all too well haha @rockMJ we went on mostly blues and a couple blacks but I didn't take too many then I was too worried about hitting stuff on the bigger rocks, the silver XJ crushed his driver side rocker, the black XJ ripped a shock off and broke his rear DS, the black and grey TJ has armor all around but beat the crap out of it! I ripped my rear bumper off on the last rockface i came off of in the comp course before we were going to call it a day :doh: I try to be nice to my truck! I'm still waiting on the videos!

As promised :D

The fog was crazy!

Me spotting and filming, my truck made it up farther to the left really easy compared to everyone else, it must be a wheelbase thing :dunno:

Coming through the gauntletand making it up the easier side of crawler ridge :cheers: I don't know how to make the vid pop up in my post :hateputers:

jgwa-c_62bA

3R69z6-OcGs

theyll be more vids later!

somebody needs lockers :D

Indeed I do :D wayyyyyy back in my thread there's a pic of a set of 4.88s for the rear, I just need the front r&p and a Aussie locker and I can put em in! Although all the guys I was running with have one or both axles locked and I kept up just fine :thumbsup:

Rock rails? If you or your group need anything at Rausch I used to judge the RCRocs competitions so I know a lot of the people over there. I used to host and guide the Grand Slam events at Rausch up until moving to FL. I was aiming to get the MJ ready for wheeling by this month to get back up there to host the event in May but its not going to happen, sadly. There's always next year :D

RockMJ

Rock rails? If you or your group need anything at Rausch I used to judge the RCRocs competitions so I know a lot of the people over there. I used to host and guide the Grand Slam events at Rausch up until moving to FL. I was aiming to get the MJ ready for wheeling by this month to get back up there to host the event in May but its not going to happen, sadly. There's always next year :D

RockMJ

If I come across a money tree I'm gunna pickup some 2x6 box tube from the local steel yard and make my own rock rails, I have plenty of DOM :wrench: as for you judging the rc rocs comps, thats awesome!!!!! I've been dying to goto an event! I'm def making it to one this year jamminz.gif If you have your truck ready before late June there's NAC fest on the 21st!

Went to the beach the other night, my friend took a time lapse with his fancy camera and ended up with this! I think its awesome jamminz.gif

Had a job interview yesterday and I'm really hoping to get the job and if I do expect some more awesome Jeep goodies!!!!

No job yet? Hobo lol. That rear bumper looks great man. Ive always loved their products so definitely post pictures of it mounted for good. A bunch of my buddies are heading up to Rausch this weekend for some wheeling. Ahh damn Florida I hate you lol!

RockMJ

I have a job, at a supermarket packing out ice cream! It sucks!!!! The freezer is -12° and I'm in there for a major part of my shifts breaking down pallets and in the isles dealing with customers who happen to be a..holes! Nobodies hiring up here, and if they are, they don't want to hire a 19 year old kid :fs1: I had an interview with a company that lays down astro turf for colleges and stadiums, I'd be working my a55 off but making 5x more then what I make now which is def worth it! :clapping:

:Rant off :

I'll def get some pics of my custom mounts and the finished product! Can't wait to go back for Rausch! I just bought a Brand new pro comp steering stabilizer before rausch and after doing some high speed runs through some trails at the beach the other night my tie rod adjuster somehow smashed into the stabilizer :nuts: guess I need to make some changes up front, I've always been into the high speed stuff and after doing A LOT of research and fine tuning to my suspension my truck should be able to handle just about anything I'm going to pre-run, nothing like driving through the Baja at 50+mph! I'm headed towards making my truck a rock crawler- pre runner - expedition vehicle.... Not trying to make it the best at everything but just able to crawl, take some stuff with speed and if I wanted to camp out on a road trip, ill be able to be self contained umn.gif okay back to reality I need to put in floor pans and do ball joints before I do anything else!