Dirteatrs Thin Wallet Build... TRUGGY TIME

I had originally added a daystar comanche 2" lift that came with new greasable 2" lift shackles and yeah my driveshaft moved out about an inch, if you have an auto and a 44 look for a manual/d35 Comanche in the junkyard and it'll be 2" longer I think? Don't quote me on it lol

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for reading :wavey: The ubolts haven't moved yet so they're holding up fine although the square ones would fit better. Not really an update but I'm dropping my fullwidth axles off to get geared within the next week or so. I also think I need a new slave cylinder which I'm not looking forward to doing :( I put in a new hydraulic line and clutch master within the past couplemonths and no matterhow many times I bleed it the pedal occasionally goes straight to the floor... If it's not one thing it's another gahhh

Air tools are nice but I like using regular ole arm power haha

Dropped off my axles to get geared 1/4/13 and I'm hoping to have my axles complete and installed with hydro assist before 3/15/13 for a huge Rausch Creek trip. Basically I'm gunna have to bust my a55! On top of all that I needa install brown dog poly motor mounts, new clutch/slave cylinder, upgrade the brake booster and brake master since my brakes suck. Also make rock sliders and a transfer case skid.... $#!&tttt the list keeps growing :(

It's internal and I'm almost due for a new clutch too so I might put a new one in while I have it all apart. Bought a brand new Mopar OEM slave off fleabay for $70 shipped, thanks for the link Hornbrod!

Ok I need these for my truck to stay drivable which is taking away from my axle/tire fund!

Clutch

Motor mounts

Exhaust manifold

Replaced my rear driveshaft u-joint today 20 minutes before I went on a lunch date lol not a single needle bearing was still in the axle yolk caps hahah

I was going to say to get the whole clutch kit, it's actually alot cheaper than just buying the slave cylinder. I bought a slave from partsgeek at 70 but normal price was upwards of 200, the clutch kit that comes with the slave cylinder is only 140

Already got the slave so I'll just get a heavy duty clutch and pressure plate soon. Parts are piling up and I'm running out of room for them in my garage... Started keeping stuff in my bedroom under my bed, don't tell my mom she might flip hahahah

Parts have been accumulating and I've been snowboarding too much, time to do some work! Putting a new Luk clutch and pressure plate along with a brand new mopar slave cylinder tomorrow and if I'm not frozen after that maybe I'll put my new-to-me mechanical gauge cluster in. Brett (Cherokee_chief) broke my window crank last night on our way to the bar and I think my window is frozen shut. Also ordered almost all of my axle brackets and I'm on the hunt for a D60 35spline spool and axle shafts. Found the whole drum brake assembly with newer parts for 100 bucks for the 60 and that'll get me going faster for my axle swap. Pics because nobody reads paragraphs anyway :D

There's also a Manche fuse box behind my longboard, got that for free ;)

It's been a good winter so far for riding :)

also over the last couple weeks my jobs been getting some of the recycled I-beams from the world trade center to clean up, cut, redrill and use in the freedom tower and parts of the manhattan subway. Thought it was kinda cool to work with Skanska for such a big project. Also if you look in the bed of the blue f150 theres a cage my shop built for a 2013 AEV 4door wrangler... Came out pretty nice!

Froze my butt off today, got everything apart and couldn't find my freakin E12 socket for that pain in the butt bolt at the top of the tranny to separate the tranny from the motor, bought one and it got dark so I cleaned up and I'll finish tmrw. Also got my Ruffstuff axle brackets in the mail today yahoo!

Basically its not fun and unless you have really long arms, getting to the bolts at the top of the tranny is a giant pain. I'd let the tranny down far enough so you can see all of them! here's a few tips after my experience... There's the 2 E12 bolts at the top and one I think 1/2" between both of them, then on the driver side is the (2) 13mm CPS bolts and on the passenger side is another 1/2" then the 2 starter bolts and then (1) 18mm on each side on the bottom and another 1/2" in the middle... Leave the tranny in 1st gear so you can spin the driveshaft yolks to line up the splines into the clutch and the pilot bearing. I didn't really get any pics worth looking at but here yah go lol new pressure plate and clutch bolted and torqued to 40 ft lbs as specified

Old stuff and stupid slave that died on me

I slid my tranny and tcase back on a motorcycle jack just past the crossmember and had enough room to work around everything and didn't have to pickup the tranny and tcase back onto the lift. Tomorrow I'm going to the do it yourself car wash and getting every speck of salt off my truck!!!! YUCK!!! Also I knew I needed a new manifold but here's the crack

Got bored and changed in my 2dr XJ bucket seats today, man are they a lot taller! I'm like 5,11" and almost hit my head on the roof and have the seat pretty far back against the window. Gunna figure out a way to lower em about 3" or so. I'll take a pic tmrw of the new interior :thumbsup: also need to find Hubs for my dana60 and get axle shafts, a full spool and a diff cover. Also need axle yokes... Money money money :(

Got bored and changed in my 2dr XJ bucket seats today, man are they a lot taller! I'm like 5,11" and almost hit my head on the roof and have the seat pretty far back against the window. Gunna figure out a way to lower em about 3" or so. I'll take a pic tmrw of the new interior :thumbsup: also need to find Hubs for my dana60 and get axle shafts, a full spool and a diff cover. Also need axle yokes... Money money money :(

Did you use the XJ or the MJ floor brackets?